Sales Center Leader
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Sales Center Leader (SCL) is responsible for achieving
freshness growth, people growth, and brand health by leading the
execution of DSD Excellence, ensuring critical market sales
initiatives are managed and executed effectively in the marketplace
and ensuring the maximization and attainment of world-class sales
centers that enables effective product pickup and delivery and
demonstrates engagement in the marketing strategies and vision of
the Company's brands. The SCL will support execution of the sales
Direct Store Delivery Excellence (DSDE) Playbook throughout the
operational work streams in service of the Frontline sales
professionals with the objective of driving growth of the business
and of people. The SCL will use their leadership and sales
expertise to deliver world-class sales, meeting clients' critical
needs and providing nutritious and delicious baked goods and snacks
for all Americans. Take pride in the platform to foster the
personal and professional growth of the team within a highly
productive and deeply humane purpose.Key Job
Responsibilities:Mindsets & Behaviors
- Embraces, embodies and leads DSDE practices and act upon the
vision and values of BBU on a daily basis
- Exemplifies the characteristics of BBU and its Brands and
extend those brand values through daily activities and leadership
at the sales centers
- Leads sales center team to DSDE standards and performance
targets and execution of sales centers procedures and programs
- Embraces the value of feedback received via the coaching
process and takes appropriate actions that result in constructive
- Empowers and holds team accountable to successfully complete
Leader Standard Work and drives continuous improvement to include
the development of self, others, and work processesRoles &
- Responsible for supporting a world-class sales center, creating
an environment that enables the sales team to efficiently and
successfully attain and deliver BBU's products and that advances
engagement in the marketing strategies and vision of BBU's
- Delivers on key performance indicators for returns and other
controllable expenses (product flow, inventory and labor) in order
to achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales center associates
through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance
- Partners with team on order, route and store execution plans to
help achieve yearly sales goals
- Engages with team on a weekly basis including order management,
daily inventory distribution, merchandising, promotional activity &
- Drives order management disciplines. Focused on order and
distribution planning per the order management playbook.
- Engages sales professionals in all facets of planning route
sales activity, the dissemination of all sales promotional
communication, and the delivery of sales data to facilitate the
- Actively and continually sources new potential sales
professionals and supports the development of route split
strategies and route productivity initiatives
- Assists in the recruiting, orientation, on-going on-boarding
and weekly scheduling of merchandisers.
- Responsible for managing overtime and labor costs
- Maintains accounts receivable, payment due balances, and Scan
Based Trading accounts per policy.
- Achieves the sales centers' safety goals; deliver on safety
awareness programs to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace
injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero
- Maintains and ensures compliance with Food Safety in alignment
with Grupo Bimbo standards
- Additional duties as assignedSupport of Selling Capabilities
- Achieves KPIs for assigned sales center including revenue,
returns, and safety, and assists sales team in achieving its' KPIs
including Variable Contribution Margin (VCM), market time, and
- Leads effective and efficient receiving, order picking and
loading processes to support sales growth
- Partners with supply chain to achieve OTIF (on-time, in-full)
targets to drive engagement and execution effectiveness
- Owns effective management of point of sale material to ensure
proper and strategically targeted inventory levels to support
demands in the market/marketing campaigns that provide an effective
return on investment (ROI) and minimize waste
- Ensures communication of appropriate customer plan and team
performance information to drive better execution in
storeWorld-Class Sales Centers
- Full ownership of Sales(s) Centers and all operational aspects
of day to day operations
- Leads team in execution of DSDE Best Practices to ensure a
world-class sales center and brand stewardship
- Leads BBU product accountability process to achieve target
- Ensures effective product recovery and donation to our
- Ensures fleet meets DSDE standards for safety, brand decaling
and IBP identification Job Requirements Bachelor's degree in
Business or related field preferred. A combination of education,
training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to
perform the work may be substituted.Ideal candidate will possess:
- 4 - 6 years of related experience in operations, customer
relations or sales. DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 1-year warehouse/distribution management or DSD
- At least 1-year experience leading and influencing others
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral)
skills and detail oriented.
- AS400 experience a plus.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as
well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word is required.
- Warehouse/distribution experience is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel is required.Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Sales Center Leader Specific Competencies:
- Ability to engage and inspire frontline associates to pursue
the BBU vision for growth
- Ability to effectively manage complex operational systems and
incorporate systems thinking and continuous improvement
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions,
eliminate/reduce deficiencies and maximize efficiency
- Ability to expand business value opportunities, guide sales
opportunities, and motivate sales professionals to accomplish zone
goals and targets.
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Ability to align performance for success
- Sales Leader Core Competencies:
- Ability to create a culture and team with operational
capabilities to achieve BBU's objectives.
- Ability to create culture where encouragement, recognition and
a sense of belonging are fundamental operational tenets
- Ability to empower and involve associates in planning and
- Ability to engage and develop others through coaching.
- Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and
accountability for results.
- Ability to create culture where encouragement and recognition
are fundamental operational tenets.
- Ability to provide vision and champion change
- Ability to build credibility and lead by example
- Ability to solve complex problems and make profitable
- Ability to Influence and inspire
- Sales Professional Core Competencies:
- Ability to handle complex information effectively to reach
agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations Ability to negotiate
and communicate effectively while building trust with others.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
- Ability to actively listen and clearly communicate to build
- Ability to mindfully plan in order to drive results
- Ability to operate with a customer focused mindset with the
intent to build mutually beneficial partnerships.Physical
Demands:The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to use a variety of communication methods on frequent
- Use a notebook computer and standard office equipment printers,
fax, phone etc.
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and have use of hand motor
- Use various forms of transportation for extended periods of
time on periodic basis.
- Frequent walking.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Chattanooga , Sales Center Leader, Sales , Rossville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!