Ticket Agent - Part Time (BRSE)
Company: Patriot Rail
Location: Blue Ridge
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Blue Ridge Scenic Railway LLC
Part Time Hourly Position
Blue Ridge, Georgia
Tucked into the charming mountain village of Blue Ridge, Georgia in
the lush Chattahoochee National Forest. The area is known as the
"antique capital" of Georgia with friendly folks and an old time
Our regular 4-hour, 26 mile round trip winds along the beautiful
Toccoa River in vintage, climate-controlled or open-air rail
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position meets/greets the public, answers questions in a
knowledgeable, courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Daily batching; ticketing, verifying special requests, processing
documents and reservations.
* Answering phones and taking phone reservations.
* Provide information and offer additional services to guests to
enhance their experience with Blue Ridge Scenic Railway.
* Greets arriving guests and walk-up customers. Make reservations
* Follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
* Call customers to advise of event changes and/or cancellations;
as may periodically be required.
* Respond to customer inquiries with accurate up-to-date
* Provide superior customer service.
* Maintain a current working knowledge of all events, services, and
procedures by reviewing event information sheets and posted or
* Provide First Aid/CPR/AED in the event of emergencies.
* Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve
customer conflicts, should they arise.
* Read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and the
* Deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public
* Flexibility to work nights, weekends and/or holidays when needed,
particularly during the Fall peak season.
* Light administrative duties.
* Must adhere to all departmental cleaning and disinfecting
instructions based on CDC guidelines.
* Cleans and prepares their coach to and between every
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Proven customer service experience
* Friendly, courteous phone demeanor
* Excellent communication skills
* Cash management/POS experience helpful
* Ability to multi-task efficiently & effectively
* Work both independently and as a team
* Ability to think through problems and come up with solutions
* Ability to learn/operate a Point of Sale system
* Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel programs and multi-task
effectively with strong attention to detail.
* Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal
* Valid state issued I.D.
* Certified or willing to obtain certification in First
* Must pass background check including criminal and financial.
* Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Verbal comprehension
Understand oral and written communications, both general and
* Communication skills
Provide clear instructions/directions.
* Reasoning skills
Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Time Management
Values time and manages time effectively. Effectively prioritizes
and can manage a broad range of activities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, climb steps, handle
objects, reach with hands and arms, write, talk, type and hear.
Associate is occasionally required to sit, stoop, bend and/or kneel
and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
Safety is the cornerstone value in our Company. Our employees are
expected to live our values on the job in how we work, how we act,
and how we create value. Safety is a personal responsibility. We
are professionals and our activities must reflect that
professionalism. Each team member must demonstrate safety advocacy
every day - regardless of their role in the Company. Compliance
with safety and operating rules is required and essential to our
own safety and that of others.
"The Patriot Way."
At Patriot, we value our relationships - with our customers,
employees, shareholders, communities and other stakeholders. We
know that safety, integrity, reliability, ethical behavior and
exceptional customer service are critical to building and
maintaining strong, mutually beneficial relationships. Everyone at
Patriot - from the mailroom to the boardroom - embraces those
values. More importantly, as a team, we make it our business to
demonstrate them in everything we do. It's "The Patriot Way."
Keywords: Patriot Rail, Chattanooga , Ticket Agent - Part Time (BRSE), Sales , Blue Ridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!