2nd Shift Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
Company: West Star Aviation
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Job Description:Now hiring Embraer experienced Aircraft Maintenance
Technicians to work in our new service center in completion of
scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and inspections to complex
modifications and repairs on all types of Embraer corporate
aircraft. Multiple technician openings to work in our new Hangar in
support of our Embraer Service Center Agreement!ESSENTIAL JOB
- Perform general to complex maintenance task on assigned
aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited
to items such as removal and installation of panels and components,
repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advance level
of knowledge, training of junior level technicians or
- Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other
components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other
non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical,
hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand
tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks,
including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens,
greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional
components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and
- Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment,
and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose
- Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or
- Disassembles, and or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or
components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical
- Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and
specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or
replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand
tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Minimum of 3 years current experience maintaining, inspecting,
servicing and repairing Embraer regional or corporate
- FAA A&P License and high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer candidates who possess an Associate Degrees in Aviation
Maintenance or related area of study plus Embraer specific
experience or training.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to include nights,
weekends and / or holidays.
- Work schedule assignments will be made based on business need
along with demonstrated level of knowledge, skills and
- Must be able to read, write, interpret and speak the English
- Complete work in accordance with WSA standard operating
procedures, quality requirements, aircraft manuals and FAA
- Adhere to general work & safety rules.
- Be self-motivated, able to work well in a team-oriented
environment and take pride in work performed.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, sound decision-making and
understand the man hours assigned by job and assign tasks to
technicians based on their level of knowledge in order to meet or
stay under the hours for the overall project.
- Possess the ability to identify an obstacle or potential
problem before it happens, devise a plan and apprise management.
Must have excellent problem solving skills and be customer
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs or more.
- Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with
arms and hands.
- Work is performed in a hangar environment subject to extreme
temperature variations from very cold to very hot.
This is a second shift position four ten hour days: Monday
-Thursday 3:30 PM -2:00 AM
Keywords: West Star Aviation, Chattanooga , 2nd Shift Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Technicians, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!