Principal Consultant - Security Solutions Strategist
Posted on: September 22, 2019
What you'll be doing...
As amember of the Verizon Business Group Security Operations
Advisory team, the Security Solutions Expert (SME) is a senior
level Security engineer uniquely qualified and experienced to
support major projects of strategic significance to Verizon and
global major business clients. Is engaged during the pre-sale and
sale phases as required, ensuring an understanding of the
customers' business requirements and technical objectives.
Comfortable in communicating at the CxO or senior executive level
within the top tier of the strategic client base when custom design
solutions to identified business problems and risks must be
developed. The role is both client and internal facing, and
requires the following primary skills: in-depth knowledge of cyber
security technologies, processes, techniques, architecture, risk
management, threat intelligence and current practice methodologies
for managed security monitoring services - threat incident
detection, response and remediation.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Support Sales teams on pre-sales of SOC opportunities as their
- Make sure Sales team understands and can position what we
actually do and the services we offer. Conduct education
development with respect to a SOC.
- Listen and gather key details about the customer's environment
- research, gather intelligence and profile customer environment;
develop strategic 'trusted authority' relationship.
- If this is a part of larger complex multi-services deal (MNS,
UCC, MSS deal), make sure Security services are collaborating with
the other groups
- Gather feedback about the SOC service from customer and the
Sales teams and provide to Regional lead.
- Work with the Designated and Resident Security Executives on
new opportunities. Identify and engage new SOC services
opportunities by working with key vendors - Splunk; QRadar
- Attend meetings with business development managers and acting
as a technical expert to offer:
- Technical consulting and advisory;
- Plan and conduct customer workshops - maturity assessment /
scoping / sizing
- Putting together responses or business cases for the Sales
teams to support their customer proposals
- Supporting the Bid effort in responding to RFPs with
appropriate input in respect of Security Operations (SOC CDR/CSIRT)
- Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise
effective Security Operations solutions.
- Ensuring that the company's product offering can deliver on the
- Replying to customers following requests for information and
- Presenting proposals to customers alongside members of the
- Providing ongoing support for customers post
- Producing detailed pricing for customers and ensuring the
contract is profitable.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Information and/or Cyber Security, preferably in
a lead consulting, architecture, advisory or leadership role.
- Experience working with external clients in a Professional
Services or managed services type organization with consulting
experience in the design, architecture, risk, and compliance
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Industry security certification(s) such as CISSP, SANS, CISA,
- Consulting experience with one of the Big 4.
- Managed Security Services and Professional Security
- Client management experience.
- Detailed oriented and composed in challenging situations.
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication
- Demonstrable presentation skills.
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments.
- Strong coordination experience with ability to work across
teams and through organizational divides.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Willingness to travel.
#ProfessionalService; 22CyberVES; 22CyberRISK; 22CyberOPS
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's
transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each
other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network
for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in
connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities
stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the
ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you
think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the
best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and
opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Chattanooga , Principal Consultant - Security Solutions Strategist, Professions , Alpharetta, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!