Production Team Member
Company: Volkswagen Group of America
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing.
We are hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift permanent positions. If hired, you may be assigned to first shift on a temporary basis if you are able to work that shift. This is due to training and line balancing activities.
The Volkswagen Chattanooga vehicle assembly plant produces the highly successful Atlas, Atlas Cross Sport and the all new electric ID4. Volkswagen Chattanooga is focused on hiring dedicated, career-driven Production Team Members directly to the company.
* Applicants are considered for several areas within the plant including Body, Assembly, Paint and Logistics.
* Candidates will be responsible for various tasks such as assembly, body welding/repair, paint finesse/quality, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment.
* Candidates must value the safety of themselves and others.
* New Hires will be placed on 2nd or 3rd shift, although some may start out on 1st shift initially
* Shift Schedule: 1st (6:00am-2:30pm), 2nd (2:00pm-10:30pm), 3rd (10:00pm-6:30am)
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Preferred but not required: At least 2 years total experience in any of the following industries: Manufacturing/Production/Assembly, Industrial/Chemical, Mills/Warehouse, Logistics, Military or similar.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States (no sponsorship) and possess the basic ability to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must be able to satisfactorily complete Volkswagen hiring process requirements which includesphone interview, in-person interview, medical and functional assessment, drug screen and background check.
* Candidates must be able to work some overtime hours and occasional weekend days.
* Candidates must be capable of working on their feet for long periods of time, demonstrating hand dexterity, tolerating repetitious work patterns and performing some moderate heavy lifting.
What We Offer
* Starting rate experienced (2+ yrs.): $22.10 + $1.50 Shift Premium (2nd or 3rd shift only).
* Starting rate inexperienced: $21.10 + $1.50 Shift Premium (2nd or 3rd shift only).
* Fixed shifts
* PTO eligible after one month of employment. PTO accrued at 8 hours/month within the first 12 months of employment. PTO increases every year thereafter.
* Additional 10-12 company paid holidays each year (including plant shut down Dec. 24 - Jan. 01).
* Competitive medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits.
* Up to 9% company contribution to retirement savings (4% company 401k match + 5% company contribution to DC plan).
* Paid parent leave and adoption assistance benefits.
* Employee car leasing program at attractive rates with insurance included.
* Onsite clinic, cafeterias and fitness facilities.
* Tuition reimbursement (after 12 months of employment).
* $200 to spend on a wide variety of teamwear options.
* All PPE provided at no cost (shoes, eyewear, bump cap, etc.).
This role description is a guideline and does not create contractual rights between the Company and any of its employees. The Company does not enter into any type of employment contract, implied or written, with its employees regarding job security. This Organization Participates in E-Verify. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga
3rd Shift, Industrial, Temporary, Warehouse, Welding, Night, Manufacturing, Contract
Keywords: Volkswagen Group of America, Chattanooga , Production Team Member, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
here to apply!