Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Company: West Star Aviation
Posted on: May 26, 2023
This hourly, non-exempt position requires an energetic individual to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented shipping/receiving position. Must be able to work well under pressure and with time constraints. Accurate data entry with excellent organizational skills essential. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as vendor invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, and internal company documents. Experience with regard to receiving inspections, documentation, and traceability of aircraft parts per FAA regulations helpful but not required. This position is key to ensuring effective and efficient shipping and receiving of products. Experience in handling static sensitive and fragile electromechanical products helpful but not required.
- Receive all incoming parts under strict FAA receiving regulations.
- Verify material with invoice or packing sheet.
- Stage parts for distribution by runners to various work orders and other departments.
- Receive and prep shipments for outside sales customers.
- Package shipments with proper labeling by the carrier.
- Log all shipments by the specified carrier.
- Track packages when required.
- Occasionally help parts counter personnel.
- Assess freight charges and bill to appropriate work orders.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Experience- Experience with FedEx Cafe software/UPS Online helpful but not required.
- Follow West Star repair station receiving inspection guidelines to maintain the certified and traceable products.
- Responsible for handling of fragile expensive aircraft avionics components.
- Responsible for receiving and shipping all materials.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Click Here for Our Benefits Summary
Keywords: West Star Aviation, Chattanooga , Shipping / Receiving Clerk, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
here to apply!