Tool and Die Technician
Company: GestampNA - ChattanoogaTN Facility
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Experience level will determine pay.1st Shift - 6:30 AM - 2:30
PM2nd Shift - 2:30 PM - 10:30 PM3rd Shift - 10:30 PM - 6:30 AMJOB
SUMMARYPerform scheduled and unscheduled tool and die making/repair
and equipment maintenance activities. Employ various technologies
including: Sheet metal blanking line, Transfer and Progressive
sheet metal Stamping Presses, Robotic welding/assembly cells,
primarily spot welding, mid frequency welding, servo guns.DUTIES
- Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive
maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous
improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an
automotive stamping and robotic welding facility.
- Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for
robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and
- Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and
continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
- Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but
not limited to die setting as required.EDUCATION AND
- USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman's Card or proof of (8) years
- Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production
- Experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or
small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies
required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large
Progressive Dies a plus.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a
plus.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
- Must have own basic set of precision/hand tools.
- Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details
such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and
- Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or
manpower requirements deem necessary.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required (including
Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room
such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering
change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.PHYSICAL AND
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle,
manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands
and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed
to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so
other will understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time
without being distractedYou should be proficient in:
- Tool/Die/Mold Setup Experience
- Tool/Die/Mold Repair SkillsMachines & technologies you'll use:
- Stamping PressSalary info:$27 - $40 / hr
Keywords: GestampNA - ChattanoogaTN Facility, Chattanooga , Tool and Die Technician, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...