Poultry Production Hourly - Pilgrim's Pride
Posted on: May 24, 2023
- - -At Pilgrims, Safety is A Condition, which means the Safety
of our Team Members comes first- always.
We have implemented Safety measures to prevent the spread of
Covid-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are
followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are
performed for each employee and visitor before entering the
facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and
enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed. -
-Competitive Wages starting at $16.28/hour (includes
incentive)Health Benefits on day 60401(k) with Company MatchLife
InsurancePaid TuitionProcesses product using tools (to include
knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance.The
applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the
following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60
days of employment.
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service
and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base range salary of $33,862 -Every week we have several
positions available. We hire based on what is needed for the
upcoming week. DEBONE plant is located at 1298 Peeples
StreetConeline Dept.: consists -of using knives, cutting shoulders,
pulling breast, cutting wings, cutting tenders, is very repetitive
hand motions on a fast paced production line.DSI Dept.: removing
nugget pieces and filets at the outfeed conveyor and transferring
-them onto a belt conveyor, inspecting pieces and removing any
defects. -HARVESTING plant is located at 1591 Broad Street Live
Hang Dept.: is hanging live birds into shackles without causing any
harm to the birds. Have to be able to hang 25 birds per minute to
qualifyEVIS Dept.: trimming any defects, inspecting front and
backside -of bird, any bird with fecal or defects are pulled
immediately from the line, before they are in USDA inspection.Cut
Up Dept.: will have rehanging -of the bird as it goes through the
chiller process, so it is cold on the hands and then the bird is
inspected and rehung onto the shacklesGeneral Laborers will be
using knives to cut up the product as well as inspecting and
monitoring pieces on the line before they go to the USDA inspection
- Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual
labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim's
Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel
of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the
- Standing on a fast paced production line in a cold
- Environment can also be wet due to product - -
- General positions included are as follows for each
location.Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food
safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and
communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and
cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership
teams.Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks.
Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives
those habits throughout the organization
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving
utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school
diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.BASIC SKILLS AND
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other
employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.EOE/Vets/Disability - -
- - - -Job linkApply FormPreviewHourly Production -
Keywords: Pilgrim's, Chattanooga , Poultry Production Hourly - Pilgrim's Pride, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...