Poultry Plant Associate - Hiring Now
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Pilgrims, Safety is A Condition, which means the Safety of
our Team Members comes first- always.
We have implemented Safety measures to prevent the spread of
Covid-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are
followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are
performed for each employee and visitor before entering the
facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and
enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Competitive Wages starting at $16.28/hour (includes incentive)
Health Benefits on day 60
401(k) with Company Match
Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor,
and equipment provided in accordance.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the
following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60
days of employment.
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service
and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base range salary of $33,862
Every week we have several positions available. We hire based on
what is needed for the upcoming week.
DEBONE plant is located at 1298 Peeples Street
Coneline Dept.: consists of using knives, cutting shoulders,
pulling breast, cutting wings, cutting tenders, is very repetitive
hand motions on a fast paced production line.
DSI Dept.: removing nugget pieces and filets at the outfeed
conveyor and transferring them onto a belt conveyor, inspecting
pieces and removing any defects.
HARVESTING plant is located at 1591 Broad Street
Live Hang Dept.: is hanging live birds into shackles without
causing any harm to the birds. Have to be able to hang 25 birds per
minute to qualify
EVIS Dept.: trimming any defects, inspecting front and backside of
bird, any bird with fecal or defects are pulled immediately from
the line, before they are in USDA inspection.
Cut Up Dept.: will have rehanging of the bird as it goes through
the chiller process, so it is cold on the hands and then the bird
is inspected and rehung onto the shackles
General Laborers will be using knives to cut up the product as well
as inspecting and monitoring pieces on the line before they go to
the USDA inspection Point.
- Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual
labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim's
Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel
of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the
- Standing on a fast paced production line in a cold
- Environment can also be wet due to product
- General positions included are as follows for each location.
Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety
policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and
communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and
cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently
practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits
throughout the organization
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving
utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school
diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other
employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.
Apply Form Preview
Keywords: Pilgrim's, Chattanooga , Poultry Plant Associate - Hiring Now, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!