Brokerage Account Manager
Company: Covenant Logistics Group
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Overview:As an Account Manager, your will be building and
managing your own book of business through acquiring accounts and
executing your customer's freight on carrier partners. You will use
phone, email, and online customer portals to communicate and build
relationships. You will be responsible for soliciting and locking
in new customers monthly and growing current customer accounts.
Masters of negotiation, you secure the best rates on a spot or
transactional basis. Ensuring daily all loads from your customers
are built and executed with the best carrier partner while
negotiating the best rate possible. Providing top of the live
customer service is your top priority. At Covenant Transport
Solutions, we are committed to servicing our customers and
exceeding expectations. Our team members are trained to see the
world through the eyes of our customers and transcend the
investment of a traditional broker
- Routinely identify and qualify new business opportunities to
position our Enterprise and execute our service offering
- Generate new business through prospecting, networking, cold
calls, and referrals by building a portfolio of customers in
geographic areas outside of current customer base.
- Utilize ZoomInfo to source, identify prospects, develop
customer opportunities, and log ongoing communication.
- Maintain current company, contact, and opportunity info in
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to ensure new
business can be onboarded at a high-level
- Enter load information into the system along with scheduling
pickups and deliveries
- Solicit and find carriers to operate the business that is
- Track the freight to ensure on-time pickupsm and deliveries
- Communicate regularly with customers to provide ETA's and
updates on all loads
- Conduct ongoing follow up to develop greater value, communicate
new opportunities, and build professional relationships.
- Ensure routine review of performance scorecards with
- Work with Operations teams to understand network capabilities
- Meet or exceed goals for sales revenue and gross margin on a
monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet
the ongoing needs of Covenant Logistics.Qualifications:Knowledge
Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Tech Systems - Office, Outlook, TMS, etc.
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Business Management Skills - Detail Oriented, Organized, Time
- High Level of Initiative, Competitive, Action Oriented, Problem
- Fast-paced and able to multitask in a high-pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to take verbal/written instruction and execute with
confidenceEducation and Experience
- 4 Year Degree Preferred - Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or
- Transportation/Logistics/Supply Industry Experience
Competitive Compensation401(k) match, Serious Health Condition
Full Health Benefits PackageMedical, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine,
Short & Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Life
Paid Time OffHolidays, Birthday, Wellness Day, Vacation & Sick
Cultural PerksCasual Dress, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee
Discount Program, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account,
Adoption Assistance and Employee Assistance Program
Covenant Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Disability/VeteranVEVRAA Federal ContractorApply NowRefer A
FriendShare On Your Newsfeed
Keywords: Covenant Logistics Group, Chattanooga , Brokerage Account Manager, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!