Poultry Plant Associate
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Opening: PRODUCTION HOURLYPilgrim's wants YOU to join our hourly
production team! Positions start at $16.03 /hour.
Ask us about our $1500/ $2000 sign on bonus! -
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program -2 Year Community College tuition paid
for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor
- transportation assistance available - - -At Pilgrim's, -Safety
Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes
first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent
the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation,
face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic
barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for
our Team Members.
It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a
two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will
be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers
recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination
dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine,
the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare
partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made
- Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual
labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim's
Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel
of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the
- Standing on a fast paced production line in a cold
- Environment can also be wet due to product - -
- General positions included are as follows for each
- EVERY WEEK WE HAVE SEVERAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE. We hire based
on what is needed for the upcoming week. -
- DEBONE Plant on Peeples Street
- CONELINE Dept. consists -of using knives, cutting shoulders,
pulling breast, cutting wings, cutting tenders, is very repetitive
hand motions on a fast paced production line. -
- DSI Dept. -removing nugget pieces and filets at outfeed
conveyor and transferring -them into a belt conveyor, inspecting
pieces and removing -defects. -
- KILL Plant on Broad Street
- Live Hang Dept.is hanging live birds into shackles with out
causing any harm to the birds. Have to be able to hang 25 birds per
minute to qualify
- EVIS Dept. trimming any defects, inspecting front and backside
- of bird, any bird with fecal or defects are pulled immediately
from the line, before they are in USDA inspection. -
- CUT UP Dept. -will have rehangers that bird goes through
chiller process, so is cold on hands and then the bird is inspected
and rehung onto the shackles.
- General labors will be using knives to cut up the product as
well as inspecting and monitoring -pieces on the line before goes
to USDA inspection -point.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food
safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and
communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and
cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently
practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits
throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving
utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school
diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.BASIC SKILLS AND
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other
employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.EOE/Vets/Disability - -
- -Job linkApply FormPreviewHourly Production -
Keywords: Pilgrim's, Chattanooga , Poultry Plant Associate, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!