Production Operator (days)
Company: Kerry Group plc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the
food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner
with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable
products that are consumed by billions of people across the world.
Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a
world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an
opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you
opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global
About the role
Primary Purpose: Safely and efficiently operate all machinery and
equipment associated with assigned manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Report any deficiency of ingredients or issues with the line.
* As an operator you are responsible for the quality and safety of
the product and for maintaining high efficiency for the line.
* Accurately complete pre-op inspections, quality and safety check
* Complete safety work orders when appropriate.
* Be able to participate in safety initiatives, committees and
* Never take shortcuts or use the improper tools/equipment that
could compromise the safety of themselves or others.
* Food safety and quality is Kerry's priority so it's important to
adhere to all Food Safety/Quality SOP's while also accurately
completing required Food Safety & Quality records.
* Enter transactions into SAP accurately and timely.
* Practice GMPS.
The above listed duties are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.
Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
* Organizational skills & excellent communication skills are
* Ability to read, write and communicate in English at a level to
facilitate the understanding of the terminology of the job.
* Ability to comprehend and follow written and/or verbal procedures
* Ability to organize and plan ahead to maximize job efficiency and
* Ability to strive for excellence in all areas; focus on effective
internal and external customer-supplier relationships.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
* Previous work experience within a food manufacturing and
* Basic computer experience.
* Food manufacturing plant
* Warehouse environment
* Ability kneel, bend, squat, stoop, carry, reach, stand, grip,
push, pull, arm extensions and perform elevated work.
* Ability to work in hot, cold or wet environments.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout shift.
* Ability to work overtime and use a flexible schedule.
* Ability to walk up to 135 feet one way many times a day.
* Ability to continuously stand/walk up to 12 hours.
* Ability to climb stairs or ladder.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be
required of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this job description.
Kerry reserves the right to revise this Job Description, as it
Kerry is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Qualifications and skills
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer
of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a
background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can
be found here. Additional information can also be here .
Keywords: Kerry Group plc, Chattanooga , Production Operator (days), Professions , Rome, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!