Posted on: January 15, 2022
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in
the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around
the world from locations spanning North America, South America,
Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at . Maintenance Manager1611
County Road 85Stevenson, Alabama, 35772United States Career
Opportunity:Position reports to the M&E Manager and is part of
the Mill Leadership Team. Position responsibility includes
providing expertise and leadership for all maintenance functions of
the mill to ensure the reliability of mill assets and systems in
order to maximize productivity and quality at optimum costs while
supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. -How
you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure all activities at the site are in compliance with the
mill, company, state and federal policies and guidelines as it
related to the safety of employees and the execution of work.
- Manage planning, coordination and execution of all facility
maintenance and reliability activities in a cost effective manner
to optimize equipment availability, safety and environmental
- Coordinate and work closely with the Mill Leadership Team in
the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance
budget. Submit recommendations, monitor expenditures, prepare cost
estimates, submit justification for equipment and assist in the
development of improvement projects for the mill.
- The incumbent in this role will possess the ability to create a
culture of critical thinking and troubleshooting skills in order to
build a platform of continuous improvements to the maintenance
functions and overall mill operations.
- Responsible for the facility maintenance reliability programs
and the development and planning for longer term improvements to
- Responsible for all preventative maintenance programs to
include electrical, instrumentation, automation, controls, and
- Responsible for strategic long term maintenance planning to
include infrastructure monitoring and improvements.
- Position responsible for management of the Process Control and
IT functions of the mill to include supervision of the Process
Control Manager and supporting staff.
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in -mill
maintenance and incorporate new procedures and training as
- Implement maintenance best practices and processes, including
but not limited to: effective planning and scheduling complete with
KPI tracking; technician precision maintenance training and
application of skills; reliability efforts in lubrication,
vibration, root cause analysis.
- Development of succession planning within the maintenance
department and overall career development of personnel within the
- Ensure efficient utilization of mill manpower and contractors
to include oversight of various long term contract agreements.
- Monitor behaviors within the organizational boundaries to
maintain a culture embedded in professionalism, customer
satisfaction, employee engagement, respect and trust.
- Provide overall planning and coordination for annual
- Manage mill wide mobile equipment compliment.
- Coordinate and work closely with stores and accounting to
ensure adequate spare parts availability while optimizing overall
- Ensure maintenance practices support Mill ISO
- Ensure compliance with insurance providers' recommendations and
maintain and manage R-stamp capabilities and all equipment
compliance records.What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Extensive experience as Maintenance Manager with mill
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical specialists,
management, supervision and technicians.
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team both as supervisor and
in a technical capacity.
- Ability to operate effectively in the use of business tools
including computers, e-mail and applicable software
- Ability to put sustainable systems in place to track and report
maintenance costs while working closely with accounting to forecast
- Strong organization and communication skills with the proven
ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly
and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line
oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.#CB
Keywords: WestRock, Chattanooga , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Stevenson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!