Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Floor Technician assists with the maintenance of the floor
finishes to ensure a safe and efficient environment of care to
serve the needs of the patients, visitors and employees. The Floor
Technician is responsible for the sanitary, orderly, and attractive
condition of the facility. This position performs manual tasks
involving routine facility housekeeping according to the
established schedules and procedures. Although the employee may
work without supervision, work is continually subject to review
from supervisors. The duties encompass some or all of the
following: cleans and services facility building area; moves
furniture, equipment, and supplies in and around the facility
departments; dust mops, wet mops, buffs floors, shampoos carpets,
and periodically strips and refinishes floors; washes walls,
windows, vacuums ceiling vents, gathers and disposes of, as
required, trash and dirty linen; cleans light fixtures, doors and
high places using a step ladder when necessary. This position does
not provide direct patient care.Job Code: 101338License or
- Valid driver's license may be required.Education, Training and
Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six (6) months of floor care experience, or equivalent
preferred. Additional training will be provided on the job.
- Experience in the areas of general housekeeping
preferred.Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Personal protective equipment, dollies, hand tools, brooms,
vacuums, meters, carts, knives, hose, mops, high duster, vacuum,
spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash cartsPhysical
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects
weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and
equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required
for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
equipmentSkills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.Proficiency or
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after an
emergency or disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
supervisor.Address: 2412 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga 37404Shift:
Evening JobSchedule: Full-timeJob ID: 2028795Contact Name -
External: Teesha KileContact Email - External:
Keywords: Encompass Health, Chattanooga , Floor Technician, Professions , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!