Electrical Engineer -- Senior-Level with Security Clearance
Company: Sargent & Lundy LLC.
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Overview Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced
full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in
1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with
expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage,
nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers
comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and
implementation to construction management, commissioning and
operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The
firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and
energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Sargent & Lundy's Core Values We are a company of principled
professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped
our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance
in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these
values is our compass in all business conduct: * Exercise
uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all
* Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
* Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
* Communicate openly and honestly
* Improve continuously Responsibilities * This position offers you
the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other
engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design
and project management of high voltage substation projects.
* As a Substation Electrical Engineer, you will take an active role
in project conceptualization, work planning, and project
* You will work on challenging assignments that include
investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of
electrical engineering issues.
* As an Electrical Engineer, you will prepare reports that present
technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and
meet client requirements and S&L formats.
* Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of
knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L's
systems of process and associated "Communities of Practice." * In
addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as
needed. Qualifications We do not sponsor employees for work
authorization in the U.S. for this position. Essential skills and
experience: * A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering
program is required.
* 5 or more years experience in the design of Medium Voltage Power
* Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under
budget and time constraints.
* Experience tracking project information such as: schedules and
expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications. Valued but not required
skills and experience: * 3 or more years experience in the design
of substations 138kV and above.
* Ability to prepare substation grounding calculations, direct
stroke shielding calculations, battery & charger sizing
* Physical layout and protection & controls experience.
* Ability to work with Designer to develop substation single line
diagrams, relaying & metering diagrams, DC schematic diagrams,
substation plan & sections, grounding plans, etc.
* Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to
substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety
Code (ANSI - C2).
* PE license.
* AutoCAD experience. Sargent & Lundy is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
protected status as defined by law. indeedsl Options Apply for this
job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Keywords: Sargent & Lundy LLC., Chattanooga , Electrical Engineer -- Senior-Level with Security Clearance, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!