Company: AZZ Enclosure Systems
Posted on: June 15, 2019
AZZ Enclosure Systems, manufacturer of equipment centers and custom
electrical enclosures, is looking for an experienced Industrial
Painter in the Chattanooga facility. Painters at AZZ prepare and
paint custom-ordered and custom-manufactured metal buildings
according to specifications, mixing paint as required, using spray
guns and other equipment to ensure high quality finish and
appearance. What's in it for you:
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision,
disability, and life insurance
- 401K Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays Job Duties:
- Immerse parts in solution or wash surfaces to remove grease,
rust, scale, and dirt.
- Set up and operate painting equipment to coat metal products
with lacquer, paint, varnish, enamel, oil, or rust proofing
- Prepare metal surfaces for painting, and paint equipment using
brushes, spray guns, sanders, and rollers.
- Mix chemicals and paints, fill tanks, control viscosity,
thinner, and chemicals to mixture.
- Determine flow and viscosity of paints and quality of coating
visually or by use of viscometer.
- Operate spray guns, position nozzles to direct spray onto work
piece, and regulate air pressure in spray guns that atomize
- Verify correct paint colors by reading building prints and
- Strip, sand, mask, and repaint surfaces, blend and polish
finish to match surrounding areas, manually or using portable power
- Spray foam insulation and undercoating as required in
- May install windows, door panes, handles, drains or other
- May use a full face ventilation mask for extended periods of
- Spray specified amount or thickness of primer, protective,
decorative, or finish coatings, such as paint, lacquer, sealer, or
enamel, onto prepared surfaces, using spray equipment
- May operate lifting and moving devices to move materials and
equipment and access areas to be painted. Skills/Experienced
- High School Diploma or GED
- Industrial painting experience.
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Flexibility and ability to work cooperative with other team
members under production pressure.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, work on ladders
at heights and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in enclosed spaces and extreme heat for
extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and
- Experience in body work such as bonding, repairing dents,
scratches, etc. JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: AZZ Enclosure Systems, Chattanooga , Industrial Painter, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!