Manufacturing Lead I
Company: Nordson Corporation
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices
and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and
minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and
interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced
Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical
balloons to the medical device industry. - Nordson MEDICAL works
with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the
world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch
and beyond. -
Job SummaryThe Manufacturing Group Lead is responsible for running
the department in the supervisor's absence for designated periods
of time. Typical daily responsibilities include: Setting up and
maintaining all production lines in the manufacturing department,
having a mastery of most processes, troubleshooting any lines with
quality or dimensional issues, training material handlers, level 1,
and level 2 technicians to all processes in manufacturing
department, assisting supervisors with daily tasks, and assisting
in processing department as required. The lead should plug in where
needed and be a highly adaptable and motivated professional. - Work
Schedule: 2nd shift M-F 3:00pm - 11:30pm -
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Run department for limited periods of time to include
scheduling and accountability of the daily, weekly, and monthly
- Setup and maintain all production lines in manufacturing
- Assists Technicians /Material handlers with technical
- Demonstrates professional technical and personal leadership
throughout work day.
- Troubleshoot all production lines in manufacturing
- Training others on all processes in the Manufacturing
- Able to perform and train others to perform Die inspection
- Adjust production runs to maintain product quality and meet
- Routinely works in cooperation with other department leads,
supervisors, engineers or managers
- Performs and trains others on all qualifying dimensional and
material characterization related measurements
- Leads shift 5-s plus safety activities and updates boards for
- Updates / leads department Metric boards for shift
- Reviews schedule to prepare for follow on runs and performs
minor scheduling / changes as required
- Updates follow on shift of progress, issues, and changes to
- Contributes in cost savings initiatives.
- Responsible for periodic cycle counting of all raw
- Ensures that jobs are completed on schedule following
established procedures and schedules.
- Assists supervisors with maintain raw material stock
- Cross trained in various Processing Operations
- Stand in for processing lead and provide assistance as
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 5+ years manufacturing experience or equivalent lead experience
- Be able to read, write and speak fluent English
Skills and Abilities
- Follow all safety, quality, and ethics rules, procedures, and
- Reports any safety or quality related concerns to supervisor or
- Communication with department and company leads, supervisors,
engineers, and management
- Results & goal oriented: always trying to exceed output
performance expectations of daily tasks
- Self-starter: must be self-motivated and eager to make a
significant impact on the shift's production on a daily basis
- Demonstrates strong understanding / performance in Nordson
values and attributes
- Must be able to work with limited or no-direct supervision &
achieve the expectation.
- Moderate skills in MS Office products to collect /analyze data
and present information as required
- Fast learner, ability to be coached and a willingness to
- Able to adapt to change quickly
- Able to identify or confirm non-conformance and correct or
write up and quarantine.
- Able to assist with root cause analysis
- Able to read and understand part drawings.
- Able to perform Manufacturing review.
- Able to use ERP program to issue materials, post operations and
receive lots and check inventory.
- Champion new initiatives within and beyond the scope of own
job, encourages innovation and creativity, and challenges "the way
it's always been done"
- Able to work with limited direction or supervision.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty safely and satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.Work is performed in a low noised, well
maintained manufacturing environment with minor chemical hazards.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Nordson Corporation provides
equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No
person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the
employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age,
national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status,
pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are
contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug
screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable
laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact
employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent
to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are
considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not
pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed
contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of
submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written
approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, Chattanooga , Manufacturing Lead I, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!