Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) OR Aide? At Parkridge Medical Center, you
come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in
programs to support our incredible team members over the course of
three years.BenefitsParkridge Medical Center, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated OR Aide like you to be a part of our
team.Job Summary and QualificationsThe Operating Room (OR)
Attendant is responsible for transporting patients, cleaning the OR
suite after cases, setting up the surgical room and stocking
equipment and supplies for surgical cases. The OR Attendant is an
integral member of the perioperative team and he/she works in a
collaborative role with the circulating RN and the perioperative
team to ensure a safe and optimal patient experience.What you will
do in this role:
- In this role, you will safely transport patients for surgical
procedures, using correct identification protocol.
- You will assist OR team in the set up of equipment to include
transporting machines, tanks and related peripheral supplies
- Your role assists with transferring patients to/from OR
- Your role assists with holding of the extremities for shave
preps and surgical preps.
- You will assist with patient positioning in the surgical
- You will clean surgical suites between cases.
- You will clean and care for equipment when not in use, ensures
equipment remains plugged-in and covered.
- You will ensure all equipment is functioning properly and
reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit
- You will dock Neptune to the docking station after cases as
- Your role provides support services to staff to include running
errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e.
between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth
operation and coordination of care for surgical services
- You will comply with all Infection Prevention and Hand Hygiene
recommendations.What qualifications you will need:
- High School or GED. Surgical Technician certification
- BLS Certification current
- 1 Year of surgery experience preferred This role requires you
to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or
federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption
is approved).Parkridge Medical Center is a 270+ bed hospital. We
are near downtown Chattanooga. We feature comprehensive diagnostic,
medical, and surgical services. These services include
cardiovascular surgery and cancer treatment. These services include
intensive care, orthopedic and spine surgery, and rehabilitation.
The facility includes a state of the art neurosurgery program.
Patients also have access to OB-GYN services. Patients have access
to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. They also have access
to (NICU) and behavioral health treatment centers for children and
adults."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our OR Aide opening. Qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our
community of caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Chattanooga , OR Aide, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!