Welder **Pay starting at $20.09 per hour $4,000 Hiring Bonus**
Company: Polar Tank
Posted on: January 25, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform various types of weld preparation,
welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to
customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
Perform all tasks necessary in the manufacture of finished product.
Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to
ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Work every Monday through Friday 40 hours constitutes a regular
* Work overtime as required.
* Understand welding safety and comply with all PPE requirements at
* Receive both written and verbal assignments and perform work
assigned by department supervisor.
* Provide assistance to other employees as assigned.
* Work in any area of the facility where skills and/or experience
are deemed most useful.
* Fit up components and perform welding prep as needed.
* Perform welding per quality standards for ATO trailers.
* Inform Supervisor/Lead Person of material discrepancies or other
issues found with product.
* Read and interpret blueprints, bills of material, and work
instructions as necessary to perform each assigned task.
* Understand quality standards and requirements and perform all
functions skillfully, efficiently and with high degree of
* Work safe every day.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to work as part of a team.
* Must work to plant safety requirements.
* Must be proficient in GMAW & GTAW welding techniques.
* Must have the ability to work any shift.
* Must have a quality orientation with attention to detail.
* Must be proficient in problem analysis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* The performance of this position will require exposure to the
manufacturing areas were all areas require the use of personal
protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection,
steel toe shops and other mandatory safety equipment.
* For the most part, ambient temperatures with typical plant
lighting and manufacturing equipment are present throughout the
* Sit or Stand as needed
* Walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods
throughout the day
* Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as
required to reach documents or store materials throughout the
* Proper lifting techniques require
SAFETY AND POLICY PRACTICES:
Each employee must be knowledgeable of standard safety policies and
procedures and adhere to the same while supporting the goals and
objectives of the organization and recognizing the Company's need
to achieve its business objectives. Each employee is responsible
for complying with company hazardous waste disposal procedures.
All terms and conditions of employment will be administered without
regard to an individual's sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
race, color, religious creed, notional origin, physical or mental
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Polar Tank, Chattanooga , Welder **Pay starting at $20.09 per hour $4,000 Hiring Bonus**, Other , Athens, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!