Company: Columbus McKinnon Corp.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
This position is responsible for the set up and operation of the
simpler machines in the Department 44. This includes, but is not
limited to, assembly operations, drilling, tapping, grinding,
painting and handwork.Reports to: Production SupervisorKey
- Operate machines in Department 44 (hand tools, paint line, tap
and thread) as required.
- Perform and document all quality checks on any machine in the
- Check, record, and adjust coolant concentrations and change or
- Wear proper personal protective equipment as required for
- Ability to complete forms as required by work center.
- Perform any other duties as required.Competencies:
- Must be able to interpret documents such as manufacturing
prints and work order packets.
- Must be able to sharpen chasers.
- Must be able to perform basic CMBIS transactions.**Success
- Ability to interpret drawings and work order packets to set-up
equipment and run acceptable product.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and correct minor problems in
this work center.Qualifications:High school graduate, GED or
equivalent experience with training in ABC print and work order
reading and measurement techniques. Detailed training in machine
operation is required.**Special Position Requirements:**The
employee is subject to an environment that is at time congested
with product boxes, material, etc. The employee is exposed to the
hazard of mobile equipment moving in close areas. High noise levels
are present in most areas the employee works.**Work Requirements:**
- Walking, sitting, and standing as required.
- Handling of product as required (up to 40 lbs).
- Handling of jigs, dies, and fixtures as required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to set up and run the following equipment: 1
&5 spindle drills, grinders, Bliss, cut off saw, safety hook
drill, hookaroon drill, refractometer, dial calipers, production
gages, and other measuring instruments as required.Columbus
McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and inclusive workforce and
is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against
employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color,
national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or
veteran status, marital status, or any other Federal or State
legally-protected classes. We also value the safety of all
associates and work hard to maintain a Drug Free Workplace.You
should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
Keywords: Columbus McKinnon Corp., Chattanooga , Machine Operator, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!