Company: Wacker Chemie
Posted on: January 24, 2023
At our site in Charleston, we are currently looking for a
Logistics Engineer to be a part of our growing team.
THIS ROLE IS ABLE TO BE LOCATED IN ANN ARBOR, MI OR CHARLESTON,
The Logistics Engineer position combines strong analytical and
project management skills with a solid understanding of Logistics
and Supply Chain practices to improve operational performance,
increase productivity, shorten lead times, and reduce costs. This
includes process design, network modeling, warehouse optimization,
working knowledge of time standards, project leadership, and
transportation mode modeling.This position will complement existing
team and will enable them to focus additional time on special
projects and requirements (i.e. Divisional streamlining,
cost-cutting opportunities, process improvements, etc.)
- Design comprehensive supply chains that maximize efficiency and
minimize costs; including: proposing cost effective, efficient
logistics solutions for internal and external customers
- Provides direction and feedback to colleagues as
- Evaluate effectiveness of current or future logistical
processes, including identifying and developing business rules or
standard operating procedures to streamline operating
- Review vendor capabilities, assist in contract reviews,
customer specifications, or related information to determine
logistics and support requirements including; facility details,
staffing needs, specifications for equipment, tools,
material-handling systems, and transportation.
- Evaluate logistics technology or information for effective and
efficient support of product, equipment, or system manufacturing or
service, such as, warehousing software (WMS), Transportation
software (TMS), intelligent conveyor systems and AGVs, global
positioning systems (GPS), or radio-frequency identification
- Help develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, or key
performance indicators for business units.
- Analyze or interpret logistics data involving customer service,
forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, inventory, transportation,
or warehousing and apply logistics modeling techniques to address
issues such as operational process improvement, facility design and
layout, fuel costs, and transportation pricing.
- Prepare/help support logistic strategies or conceptual designs
for production facilities.
- Create and maintain reports that reflect current workflows and
project status Job Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree - Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or
commensurate industry experience desired
- Minimum five (5) years of post-qualification experience in
supply chain logistics or related field preferred
- -30% Travel
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer proficiency including spreadsheet software,
presentation software, WMS, and TMS.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Evaluation of logistic variants; make or buy analysis,
- Critical thinking and time management skills.
- A clear understanding of processes and how changes will impact
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build a strong consensus and utilize interpersonal
communication to drive solutions to cross functional
- Analyze, support, and validate new supply chain concepts.
Develop plans and processes for material handling and storage
solutions. WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital
contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world
by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our
culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive
teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional
development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and
beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this
US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United
States on a permanent unrestricted basis.Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position, including for any type of US permanent
residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga
Keywords: Wacker Chemie, Chattanooga , Logistics Engineer, Other , Charleston, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!