School Custodian - Rome City Schools
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
There are lots of ways to help kids learn-and it starts with a
clean environment. Give kids a fresh start every day as a
Why become a substitute custodian?
- Ensure a safe, clean environment for students to learn and
teachers to teach.
- Engage in the spirit of a positive school culture.
- Feel good about the work you do in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term
substitute positions available.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and work-life balance.
Responsibilities:In the absence of a full-time custodial worker,
the Kelly Education substitute custodian creates a clean, safe
environment for students, staff, and school visitors, and acts
under the direction and supervision of the school district's
full-time professional staff.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using practices and procedures
established by the school district.
- Clean, dust, and sanitize furniture.
- Sweep, mop, or vacuum floors.
- Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Refill dispensers.
- Wash accessible interior windows. Clean blinds.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work
- Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for classrooms, meetings,
- Secure classrooms or building when facilities are not in use.
Turn off lights. Lock and unlock assigned doors.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and
- Attend to urgent custodial matters when necessary.
- Report any school building or grounds safety concerns, or
faulty equipment, to school district personnel.
- Report all personal injury or school property theft to Kelly
supervisor and district/school personnel immediately.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the
Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedures as determined by the
school district personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required. Minimum requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with
school district staff.
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and
lifting up to 25 lbs. Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute custodian:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you
understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you'll receive a response
to your application within 1-2 business days.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute
custodian? We're always looking for new people to join us! Our
commitment to you:Kelly - Education is committed to our substitute
employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates
under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district
administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately
protected by school district policies and procedures.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Chattanooga , School Custodian - Rome City Schools, Other , Rome, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!