Company: Support Solutions of the Mid South
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Location Chattanooga - Chattanooga, TN
Position Type Full Time
GENERAL FUNCTION:Provides direct oversight of all areas related to
training for the location assigned. Coordinates the efforts of
training facilitators both within and outside the agency to ensure
timeliness and follow through on the administration of training.
Acts as the 2nd in command to the Human Resources Manager and acts
accordingly with respect to policy interpretation, progressive
discipline, recruiting, interviewing, employee relations and
employee communications.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:To ensure that all
management, staff, volunteers, and contract employees are in
compliance with the DIDD, ECF, and DCS required training upon being
hired and annually thereafter. Conduct training courses, document,
and file in a timely and organized manner.
- Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training
needs within the organization.
- Confers with management to gain knowledge of specific work
situations requiring employees to better understand changes in
policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
- Conduct DIDD, ECF, and DCS required new hire orientation in
conjunction with HR Manager, and training of new hires to ensure
compliance with SSMS Policies and DIDD, ECF, and DCS
- Conduct training for FA/CPR, CPI, TSN, Protection from Harm,
Transportation, Seizure Training, and Training Specific to the
Needs of the Individual, and others as assigned.
- Administer Relias, including enrolling new hires into the
system and conducting training sessions to ensure that all new
hires understand how access Relias and understand the testing
- Conduct annual recertification training of tenured staff as
required by DIDD, ECF, DCS, and SSMS.
- Maintain current Train-the-Trainer certifications for all DIDD
required training, if applicable.
- Maintain current CPR/First Aid Instructor Certification and PCM
or CPI Instructor Certification if necessary.
- Coordinate with others who train, Nursing, Documentation
Trainers, and DIDD Instructors when on site or off site to ensure
- Create monthly Training Calendars and distribute to Regional
Director, Program Managers, and Home Managers after the calendar
has been approved by the HR Manager.
- Develop and email Training Notifications to ensure that all
employees are made aware scheduled training.
- Compose and distribute a monthly Training Expiration Report to
be distributed to Regional Director, Human Resources Manager,
Program Managers, and Home Managers.
- Notify management of training violations/failures and ensure
compliance with progressive discipline policy where
- Reports and evaluates progress of employees under guidance
during training periods.
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate the
effectiveness of training.
- Create and maintain a Training Database in Excel and conducts
monthly audits of training compliance using Excel and Relias;
reports the result of the audits to Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain a training file for each employee with clear evidence
of all training, certifications, mock fire drills, etc.
- Creates training outlines and determines instructional methods
such as individual training, group instruction, lectures,
demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops as
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks,
demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials,
and reference works.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts with respect to
- Act as a business partner with Management Team to accommodate
their training needs.
- Assist Human Resources with other job duties as assigned in the
- Review Applications and identify qualified candidates for
- Screens and interviews, extends offer to applicants
- Participation in Job Fairs
- Assist with pre-employment reference checks and background
- Assist with drug test administration
- Assist with filing of confidential personnel information
- Other Duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.OTHER
- Exhibits behaviors and best practices that are consistent with
the vision and values of SSMS.
- Practices safe work habits to eliminate and control potential
safety and health hazards and to maintain a safe work environment.
Attends all safety training as scheduled.
- Work as part of the team to ensure that SSMS Quality Management
principles (Plan, Measure, Assess. Improve) are practiced and
- Operates SSMS and personal transportation in a safe and healthy
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned by
designated and/or authorized staff.This job description does not
list al the duties of your job. You will be evaluated in part based
upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description.
SSMS reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
The job description is not a contract for employment and either you
or SSMS may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Must be 21 years of age and able to read and
write effectively. Must have a valid drivers license and maintain a
valid drivers license and acceptable driving record throughout
employment with SSMS. Must meet state and local requirements
regarding criminal background check, drug test, sexual offender
check, abuse registry, and felony offender list. Must meet all
training requirements and keep training current. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills, able to complete heavy
workloads within established time frames, and perform with frequent
interruptions and/or distractions
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain
cooperative working relationships with others, ability to interact
appropriately with others in various contexts and purposes
- Must be able to practice confidentiality in all matters
pertaining to clients and employees
- Has effective time management in the office and in the field
and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Can perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task
to another, in a job that may require significant differences in
technology, techniques, environmental factors, physical demands, or
- A working knowledge of community resources
- Keeps a professional appearance
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- Have a thorough knowledge of computer software programs needed
to complete job tasks
- Have a general knowledge of office machines. (Fax, Printers,
- Understands protocol when working with individuals with
- Thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and
- Possess a high degree of leadership and a lead by example
mindset, make appropriate job decisions following standard office
policies and procedures, recognize an emergency situation and take
appropriate action, think through the consequences of a decision
prior to making it. MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS:Employee must also provide
any medical records required to comply with regulations in force
through any governing entity related to business operations and to
meet policy and procedure requirements of Support Solutions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This
position is full time and may require additional hours over 40 per
week. She/he is expected to be available outside of normal office
hours for necessary and urgent company matters.Body Positioning:
The employee is regularly required to stand and/or walk for
prolonged periods of time. She/he may also be required to sit for
short or long periods of time while completing other duties and
responsibilities. There is also a requirement to be able to
occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch and to reach with the hands
and arms. She/he must be able to drive/travel for short periods of
time to attend meetings, trainings, or perform site visits or for
longer trips that will require overnight stays to attend meetings
and training workshops. Body Movements: The employee must have a
full range of body movements including the use of his/her hands to
handle computers and other office equipment, to perform CPR chest
compressions, and to use CPI techniques. The ability to bend the
body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also
required.Body Senses: The employee must have command of all five
senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, distant vision, and depth
perception. These vision requirements in each area must be
sufficient to shift in focus from reading dossiers and operating
office equipment. There is also a requirement to talk and listen
for prolonged periods both on the telephone and face to face.
Strength: The employee must have the ability to occasionally lift
up to 50 pounds.LICENSES/CERTIFICATES:
- Valid Driver License
- Valid automobile insurance if using personal vehicle for
company business (otherwise SSMS provides auto insurance on all
- Valid certifications to teach CPI, CPR/FA, PCM, etc.
Keywords: Support Solutions of the Mid South, Chattanooga , Training Coordinator, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!