Quality Field Inspector - night shift
Company: Shimmick Construction
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Shimmick is seeking a highly talented Quality Field Inspector
III (night shift) based out of Chattanooga, TN. This challenging
position will provide an excellent growth opportunity while
improving the infrastructure of the community.At Shimmick, we are
problem solvers. Creative thinkers. Innovators. We approach each
project with fresh ideas and big thinking in pursuit of better
answers, better outcomes, and better experiences for our clients.
We are resourceful, nimble and resilient. We work hard together-and
with our clients-to deliver high-quality projects that are on time,
on budget and beyond expectations. National Division Shimmick's
National Division operates throughout the central and eastern U.S.
Comprised of legacy companies, such as Morrison Knudsen, Washington
Group, and others, this division has decades-long history of
delivering successful transportation, transit, mining
infrastructure, and water resources projects. In addition to state
DOTs and transit agencies, the National Division has delivered more
than $5 billion in work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
primarily in the water resources (dams, reservoirs, locks, levees)
sector. The National Division is delivering Oklahoma Turnpike
Authority's first build-finance project, the $260 million Gilcrease
Expressway project in Tulsa, Oklahoma.ResponsibilitiesThe
responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Provides on the job training to new employees.
- Responsible for monitoring conformance to quality, performance,
specifications, and/or code requirements by performing inspection
- Performs daily field inspections and maintains inspection
- Participates in punch lists, testing, and commissioning.
- Tracks quality assurance progress.
- Provides input to documentation for area and equipment
turnovers. Minimum Requirements Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED + 4 years of related experience or
demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education Preferred
- Previous marine experience
- Previous experience working on a USACE (US Army Corp of
- Concrete inspection and concrete testing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; including Excel and
Microsoft Word Additional Information
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a
pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States
Notice To Third Party AgenciesPlease note that Shimmick does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Shimmick will
not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Shimmick
explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s)
without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any
unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers,
are deemed to be the property of Shimmick.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Shimmick Construction, Chattanooga , Quality Field Inspector - night shift, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!