Buyer II - CHA Wilson Road
Company: Heatec, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Responsible for providing customer service to
internal customers and external vendors by placing purchase orders,
maintaining past due reports, following up on orders to ensure
materials are delivered on promised dates, receive bids, and make
purchases of commodities or goods where the financial impact or
decision making is limited. The Buyer may work directly in support
of the production line operations and/or in collaboration with
department managers, engineers or operations staff procuring
product. Material, commodities, and/or equipment purchased are
processed, consumed, or used in the manufacture or service of heavy
- Assist in the purchasing materials, supplies and services for
- Tracks all purchases that are made.
- Monitor the vendors quality.
- Maintain a current database of vendor information.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely
- Interpret blueprint drawings and bills of material (BOM's)Key
Activities & Responsibilities
- Process purchase requisitions or orders within purchasing
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with
inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others
to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that products come in on time and
in good condition. In the event of problems, trace shipments and
follow up on undelivered goods.
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow
employees, customers and management in a cooperative, supportive
and courteous manner, and displays a professional attitude.
- Responsible for procurement and purchasing activities on
assigned categories and/or vendors.
- Proactively communicate with Manufacturing, Engineering, and
- Plans all orders and delivery schedules to accommodate
production changes and match J.I.T requirements of the build
- Distributes updated drawings to suppliers, as needed to
- Scan purchase orders and associated documents into Doc Rec
- Miscellaneous other duties as directed by Department or Shift
Lead.To be successful in this role, your experience and
- Associate of Art's degree (A.A.) from two-year College or
similar degree from a technical school.
- 2 years clerical experience required.
- 2 years' experience with computers: specifically, Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook, and ERP, inventory, ordering, and tracking
- 4 years of experience or more with purchasing components for
heavy equipment production.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred but not
- Basic understanding of supply chain management in a
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and bills of
- Levels of this position will have increased years of experience
or knowledge requirements.
- Detail oriented, Flexible, able to adapt to rapidly changing
- Communication Skills: Must be able to demonstrate skill in
communicating with vendors and supervisors. Must express criticisms
and concerns in a way that promotes teamwork and positive supplier
- Maintain positive, constructive cooperative working
relationships by working, acting, and communicating with various
personalities getting along with customers, vendors, co-workers,
and management working both individually and as part of a
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify
and assist with continuous improvement.
- Skill in working efficiently and accurately to keep up with
- Flexible and adaptable in coping with pressures, deadlines, and
rapidly changing situations, ability to work independently.
Supervisor and Leadership ExpectationsNoneOur Culture and
ValuesEmployees that become part of Astec embody the values below
throughout their work.
- Continuous devotion to meeting the needs of our customers
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Respect for all individuals
- Preserving entrepreneurial spirit and innovation
- Safety, quality and productivity as means to ensure
successNOTE: This position responsible for certain internal control
responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities are
verbally communicated to the incumbent and periodic feedback is
provided as it relates to the performance of these internal control
responsibilities.WORK ENVIRONMENT OfficeWhile performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of injury in
an office environment and occasionally a manufacturing shop plant
environment. Duties include a typical office setting including
extensive computer work, sitting or standing. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERAs an
Equal Opportunity Employer, Astec does not discriminate on the
basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender (sex), sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, a person's veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by law or executive
Keywords: Heatec, Inc., Chattanooga , Buyer II - CHA Wilson Road, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!