BF Weaver/81500 - D Shift
Company: Engineered Floors, LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: The weaver is responsible for the
operation of 13-23 weaving machines. The individual creels and
threads various yams through metal devices on the loom to create a
woven fabric.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The individual lifts cones of yam which weigh between 8-25lbs
and places them on a creel rack.
- The individual will be on his/her feet for the twelve hour
shift except for breaks.
- The individual has to pull cones of yarn off racks hourly and
reaches across the loom to locate and repair yarn breaks
- The individual will push-pull a creel rack or cone rack to
- The individual is walking from machine to machine during the
shift. The person has to step up onto a catwalk attached to the
- The individual has to be able to distinguish between colors
since various colors of yarn are used. Also the loom indicator
lights; yellow, blue and red, require the ability to distinguish
- The individual has to pass a hearing test since the weaving
area is a high noise area requiring ear-protection. Verbal
communication with shift foreman and co-workers is necessary in the
- Since a break in yarn occurs frequently, rethreading the yarn
is necessary. The individual should be a minimum height of 5'0" in
order to complete this task.
- The individual places cones of yarn on a creel rack and repairs
yarn break outs on the loom.
- The individual has to be a self-starter since he will be
assigned 13-23 machines.
- The individual has to respond to the various loom indicator
lights and repair the yarn break in a timely manner to meet
- The individual will be required to decide when and how to
correct a yarn break out and when and how to set up the creel rack.
These activities are done constantly.
- The individual is required to make various quality control
checks hourly and correct as required in order to meet production
- High School Graduate with the ability to read and write. No
computer skills required.Other Requirements:
- The individual should have a previous machinery work background
or an interest to work with mac inery.
- The individual needs to be aware that he/she will be on his/her
feet for the entire 12-hour shift which requires being in good
- The individual should have a previous work record and no
accidents since he/she will be working ar und a lot of machinery
and moving machine parts.
Keywords: Engineered Floors, LLC, Chattanooga , BF Weaver/81500 - D Shift, Other , Bridgeport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!