Central Sterile Tech Non-Certified PT Days - Redmond
Company: Redmond Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionCentral Sterile Tech Non-Certified PT Days - Location
Address: -501 Redmond Rd, NW, Rome 30165 Top Reasons To Work At
AdventHealth Redmond Faith based organization Employee Referral
Program Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family Educational Reimbursement Plans
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment
immediately after surgery.
- Maintains adequate turnaround of instrumentation and trays in
the event of an emergency
- Inspects instrumentation as it is cleaned for any defects or
- Assembles instrument trays in a timely manner to assure all
necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets,
notifies supervisor of any deviations.
- Monitors sterilizers in Sterile Supply and OR according to
infection control policies.
- Approves that each sterilization load has reached its
completion as to the required time, temperature and pressure for
the duration required to reach sterilization.
- Logs the approved printout from each load in the appropriate
book per SPD policies and procedures.
- Accurately reads and documents biological results for required
loads and notifies supervisor or manager of any deviation from the
- Performs testing of sterilization equipment for functionality
- Selects proper packaging and sterilization methods as
appropriate to the instrumentation.
- Properly loads and unloads sterilizer to ensure items will be
exposed to proper sterilization conditions. QualificationsWhat You
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in Medical Terminology required KNOWLEDGE AND
- One (1) year experience working in Sterile Processing or
Surgical field preferred. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- - - -High school diploma or GED.
- - -Must be computer literate. Word and Excel experience
preferred EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- One (1) year surgical medical supplies knowledge preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Must obtain certification in sterile processing principles or
related professional certification within 2 years of hire
- BCLS JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the manual and mechanical
decontamination, preparation and sterilization of products,
instruments and equipment. Complies with all policies and
procedures regarding sterilization, decontamination as it applies
to Infection Control and safety. Performs routine preventative
maintenance on Sterile Processing (SPD) equipment. Keeps surgical
instrumentation and endoscopes in good working order and notifies
the Supervisor or Manager of necessary repairs. Assist Supervisor
in maintaining disinfectants and sterilization supplies. Assembles
instruments trays according to count sheets, ensuring instrument
trays are complete. Accurate and in good condition. Notifies
Supervisor or Manager of lost instruments. Communicates with lead
sterile processing technician that all supply, instruments and
equipment supplied by SPD is available and ready for scheduled and
emergency surgical cases. Orders and receives stock, perform daily
cycle counts, rotates stock, post departmental requisitions and
charges. Inventory and restock surgical supplies in SPD and OR
instruments according to par levels. Notifies Lead Sterile
Processing Technician of needed updates to Surgeon's preference
cards. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations
Keywords: Redmond Regional Medical Center, Chattanooga , Central Sterile Tech Non-Certified PT Days - Redmond, Other , Rome, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!