Scrub Tech II Certified – AdventHealth
Murray Medical Center: 707 Old Dalton Ellijay
Rd, Chatsworth, GA 30705
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
Medical and Dental Benefits Begin 1st
Four-star Rating, Centers for Medicare &
150 Great places to work in Healthcare,
Becker’s Hospital Review
Co-Workers that feel like
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia
Great Benefits such as: Education
What You Will Be Responsible
- Performs as a team member in administering safe
and effective patient care.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is
delivered to the patient.
- Maintains the privacy of all
- Ensures patient environment is neat and
- Assesses skin condition on all patients for
potential breakdown and communicates with the
- Maintains a safe
- Completes treatments and procedures as directed
by the RN/LPN.
- Demonstrates competencies in all procedures
within scope of practice and as Appropriate to the ages of the
- Communicates patient care or management
problems to appropriate person.
- Communicates effectively, to appropriate
individuals to meet the needs of patients, family, and the
environment and reports to the RN/LPN.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the
- Actively participates in: staff meetings,
committees, mandatory in-services and educational
programs/offerings relevant to area of
- Demonstrates competency and recognizes own
skills, abilities and limitations and is
accountable for own
Seeks/solicits help or guidance
from resource person when appropriate.
Functions in a professional
manner during an emergency or crisis
Demonstrates knowledge of
emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation procedures
Completes work on
Utilizes time clock/T&A to
document attendance appropriately.
Uses proper notification for use
of unscheduled personal leave time.
Utilizes the principles of cost
containment by conserving equipment, supplies
personal time (including
personal calls and personal visits)
- Maintains and monitors sterile field and
demonstrates understanding of proper aseptic
Assists the surgeon during
surgical procedures, anticipating need of the surgeon with a
consistent level of competency.
- Picks supplies and equipment for surgical cases
utilizing physician preference
- Assists in setting up and preparing Operating Room
for assigned surgeries.
- Handles sterile instruments and
- Demonstrates ability to operate sterilizer and all
equipment in the OR suite.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and
sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes
- Communicates concerns to the appropriate
What You Will
- Must have graduated from an
accredited surgical skills program or have one year experience
working as a surgical technologist
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or
CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION
- Scrub Tech
operating room technician assists with preparation of the supplies,
room and equipment for surgical procedures. This position also
provides the necessary instruments to the physician during the
surgical procedure. This position is also responsible to keep
abreast of new products, procedures and physician