Company: Shaw Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary: Lead production associates as they create high
performing, customer-centric flooring products. Work with a team of
hourly associates to achieve targets established for safety,
service, quality, cost, and continuous improvement. Reports to the
Duties (Essential & Non-Essential)
- Drive efforts to achieve and maintain world-class production,
quality and safety metrics.
- Use critical path thinking to assure production activities are
in compliance with company policies and procedures to include
environmental and safety compliance.
- Directly empower all team members and support associates to
achieve personal, plant and company goals.
- Supports safe behavior/awareness programs and provide a strong
safety presence on the plant floor
- Assist the Production Supervisors in the daily production of
quality luxury vinyl in the safest, most efficient and productive
manner, by utilizing established methods and procedures.
- Assist in the training and assessment of new hires/transfers to
the department. Ensuring that they are able to perform their jobs
as outlined in the applicable job descriptions.
- Insure product is always being manufactured to the proper
- Assist the Production Supervisor in waste reduction and
- Assist the production associates to optimize productivity and
continuous improvement of his or her assigned area, including
recognizing and troubleshooting problems in the manufacturing
- Communicate between shifts to insure proper handoff to the
- Lead by example as a positive, team-oriented employee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Have fun.
- A high-school diploma or equivalent.
- Passion and track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Experience with continuous manufacturing processes.
- Milling process experience
12 hours, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and
retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote
individuals in all job classifications without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally
Keywords: Shaw Industries, Inc., Chattanooga , Milling Lead, Other , Ringgold, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!