Payroll Specialist - Corporate HQ
Company: Walden Security Commercial Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Payroll Specialist - Corporate HQ
The Payroll Specialist for the Corporate Office is responsible for
applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information
and prepare financial reports by performing the following
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting
principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies
in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Compiles payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, 401
(k) deductions, hours worked, union dues, taxes, insurance, other
employee benefits, and employee identification number, from
timekeeping and other records.
- Reviews payroll data for accuracy - includes direct deposit
forms, timekeeping reports, leave requests, PTO requests.
- Responds to employee/client questions regarding pay.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy
- Verifies changes affecting net wages such as garnishments, loan
payments, and other miscellaneous compensation/deductions for each
employee as needed.
- Verifies data concerning the transfer of employees between
departments and/or locations.
- Prepares periodic reports of employee earnings, taxes, and
- Prepares weekly, monthly and year-end reports (gross payroll,
hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions,
etc.) for management.
- Reviews payroll data entry requests for accuracy and adequate
approvals. Maintain proper documentation in adherence to
established policies and guidelines and aligned with internal
controls and audit requirements.
- Prepares manual off-cycle requests and ensure proper approval
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Prepares and distributes W-2s.
- Performs other office duties as needed to ensure timely and
accurate payroll processing.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are an experienced Payroll professional who is passionate
and ready to take on the challenge of working in a complex,
diverse, people-first culture, then you have what it takes to be a
successful Payroll Specialist for the Corporate Office. Job
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College
or Technical School; or minimum one-year related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Accounting Software,
Contact Management Systems, Database Software, Human Resources
systems; Payroll systems, MS Office, and working knowledge of
- Valid State Drivers License.
About Walden Security: Setting the Standard by Setting the
Established in 1990 by law enforcement professionals Amy and
Michael S. Walden, CPP, Walden Security is a privately-held,
family-owned and -operated company, and has grown to become one of
the largest and most respected security services firms in the
United States. Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee with 6,000
employees, Walden Security provides integrated contract security
services through physical and virtual guarding to commercial and
government clients in 37 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Walden Security is also the nations largest WBENC-Certified Womens
Business Enterprise specializing in security services, one of the
nations only security firms with an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality
Management System, and is a Training Top 125 award recipient for
the last three consecutive years.
Join our Team
Be proud of where you work. Walden Security is one of the
nation's largest privately-held security companies, providing a
range of security services for commercial and government
properties. Right now, were seeking inspired, motivated, and
customer service-oriented people to add to our team. Security
experience is not required: Walden welcomes a diversity of
professional backgrounds, and well make sure you have the support
and training you need to be successful.
If youre ready to embark on a meaningful career with one of the
nations most dynamic and fastest-growing security companies, apply
with Walden Security today.
Walden Security is a family-owned and operated business, and
thats how we treat our employees: like family because we know that
by taking care of our people, they, in turn, will take better care
of our clients.
We seek out people who are motivated, eager to learn, committed
to serving our officers and clients, and always doing whats right.
We provide the resources, support, and training that you need to be
successful. We offer every employee generous benefits, as well as
opportunities for career growth.
We build on success by continuing to develop our people so that
they have opportunities to grow within our organization, which is
why were an award-winning employer, with one of the highest
retention rates in the industry.
Keywords: Walden Security Commercial Services, Chattanooga , Payroll Specialist - Corporate HQ, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!