Posted on: June 11, 2021
At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the
globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial
culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our
careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply
chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an
ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid
Job Title: Production Scheduler
The production scheduler is responsible for planning,
scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring products through the
complete production cycle across all manufacturing production
across the site. The production scheduler is also responsible for
integrating production lead times and managing multiple schedules.
The production scheduler will balance demand and supply at the
aggregate volume level with that at the detail mix level.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with production and material personnel to ensure
streamlined operations and efficient machine utilization with
production run schedule.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly production schedules based on
- Record production progress daily, weekly, and monthly, as
- Manage rework, engineering changes and other planning changes
- Provide status updates to Operations, Sales, Customer Service
- Identify process improvement opportunities and facilitate lean
- Special work around plans and schedules including unforeseen
- Works directly with Supervisors to resolve scheduling
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models.
- Evaluate and determine estimated equipment set-ups, cycle
times, and work center hours.
- Responsible for accurate and thorough inventory management and
records. Has primary responsibility for preparation of month end
reconciliation reports and adjustments. Reconciles inaccuracies
with scheduling and material usage (reconciliation)
- Manage material availability by coordinating with operations,
purchasing, sales, and/or customer service.
- Monitor inventory levels of Silos and railcars to ensure
availability of material always.
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials
quantity, specifications etc.
- Responsible for the consumption, disposition, and elimination
of SLOB inventory.
- Provide support for the planning and execution of Physical
Inventory and Cycle Counts.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, engineering or a
related field preferred.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a production scheduler in a
fast-paced manufacturing environment required.
- Proficiency in daily use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and
Power Point) and Outlook email. Advanced use of Excel
- Excellent project management abilities required.
- Excellent planning and time management skills required.
- Experience with problem solving within a continuous improvement
environment is required.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must have strong verbal communication and active listening
- A highly energetic and passionate candidate with experience in
multiple platforms, a high number of SKUs, and frequent product
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Please no recruiting agencies
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job
Novolex is committed to providing equal employment opportunity
in all employment practices, including but not limited to,
selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all
qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race,
color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship
status, service member or veteran status, or any other category
protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who
because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in
connection with an aspect of the Company's application process
should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Novolex, Chattanooga , Production Scheduler, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!