CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed
between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is
once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a
Best Regional Hospital by U. S. News & World Report. We are proud
to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care
throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
CHI Memorial provides you with the same level of care you
provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and
offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children,
pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Additional incentives for eligible full time day shift and
night shift opportunities
If you are a compassionate nurse ready to join our nationally
recognized hospital, connect with us today!
Under the supervision of the Wound Program Manager, performs the
primary function of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing, and
evaluating the care of patients in the Wound Department, is
responsible for meeting the established WHC Standards of Nursing
Practice in the management of all assigned patients. Assists
physicians with the development and implementation of wound
treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review
activities. Assists nursing staff for patients with enterolostomy
needs, skin care needs, wound care consults, provides patient
ostomy & wound care education. Works in both an inpatient and
outpatient setting. Acts within the guidelines of federal and state
laws, Joint Commission standards and professional and ethical
practice. Case Manager for patients belonging with that physician
in all aspects of their wound care.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and maintains smooth, cooperative working
relationships with others with positive peer feedback.
2. Expresses thought and ideas one-on-one and in teams while
exercising good listening skills.
3. Positive while taking ownership for customer's problems while
looking for ways to improve service.
4. Applies knowledge and skills to do job and keeps informed
about new practices and procedures
5. Flexibility in work assignments and copes successfully
6. Attending all hospital required in-services and adheres to
all hospital policies
7. Maintains specific core competencies to do job while
practicing accuracy, completeness, and confidentiality.
8. Documents plans of care and collaborates with physician and
team members to implement.
9. Assists patients with needs while holding selves accountable
for quality patient care.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Registered Nurse, BSN, Graduate of accredited Wound/Ostomy Program
Required Licensure and Certifications:
Tennessee License , Board Certification for Wound/Ostomy
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and
3-5 years nursing experience, One or more experience in
Wound/Ostomy therapy preferred
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.