CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed
between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is
once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a
Best Regional Hospital by U. S. News & World Report. We are proud
to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care
throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
CHI Memorial provides you with the same level of care you
provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and
offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children,
pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Additional incentives for eligible full time day shift and
night shift opportunities
If you are a compassionate nurse ready to join our nationally
recognized hospital, connect with us today!
The House Administrator is a registered nurse who serves as a
liaison for all departments within the hospital during their
scheduled hours of work. This nurse will focus on patient
through-put within the organization and be responsible for
overseeing safety measures within the organization and escalating
concerns to the executive leadership team.
1. Facilitate organizational through-put by evaluating unit
staffing and patient placement as needed.
2. Assessing the needs for advisory status and measures to
reduce/remove the facility from being on advisory.
3. Organizing and scheduling after hours, emergent and weekend
surgical cases as needed and notifying all necessary staff of
4. Serving as incident commander for all internal/external
events as the command center is established and additional
leadership is notified.
5. Managing internal staff conflicts that arise when
Managers/Directors/Vice Presidents are not present on site.
6. Ensuring EMTALA guidelines are followed for patient
7. Assessing and monitoring of safety concerns within the
8. Escalating concerns that increase the liability of the
hospital to the Administrator on call.
9. Serves as an example for all staff in regards to professional
behaviors and conflict management.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited school of
BSN or BS in related field preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Active RN license in state of residence that allows you to work
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required prior to start date
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 years of charge nurse or leadership experience within last 5
- 3-5 years of recent nursing experience
- Clinical knowledge as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to multi-task on a frequent basis
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.