Bilingual Customer Service Rep I, Starmount
Posted on: September 15, 2020
Job Posting End Date: 10/04Unum is a company of people serving
people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers
and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits
help protect more than 36 million working people and their families
from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three
distinct, but similarly focused US businesses - Unum US, Colonial
Life, and Starmount Life - are each a market leader in making
disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision
insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US
operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and
Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide.
Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with
over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton
Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence
for Unum in the US.General Summary:General Summary
This entry level position is the first point of contact for
Starmount customers and is the first role in a three-level career
path. The role provides customer service, primarily by phone, to
our customers when they need us.
The incumbent in this role must demonstrate a willingness to
provide strong customer service - providing accurate information to
customers, expressing appropriate empathy, and resolving customer
issues where appropriate. While service is focused on our external
customers, this position is responsible for creating
detailed/appropriate documentation for our internal
cross-functional business partners. All work is carefully performed
according to established protocols/procedures. This position
requires the use of multiple system applications and administrative
The incumbent is responsible for successfully completing the
Contact Center training program and demonstrating basic proficiency
in servicing inbound phone calls after training.Principal Duties
- Respond to customer inquiries with timely and accurate
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer
service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency.
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity
- Demonstrate a passion for the values outlined in the We are
Unum value statements.
- Successful completion of Contact Center training program,
including demonstrating on phone proficiency and passing required
- Ability to work a regular assigned shift between the hours of
7am-7pm Central, Monday through Friday and/or 9am-3pm Central,
Saturday (no shifts end after 7pm on weekdays or 3pm on
- Attendance in accordance with Contact Center attendance
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college
- Demonstrated customer service experience and/or experience in a
customer service-oriented environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated
commitment to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills,
both in English and Spanish.
- Answering customer queries in Spanish, translating documents
and acting as an interpreter.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured
environment, handling large call volumes.
- Computer proficiency essential.
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism
through a strong work ethic that positively influences the work
habits of the team.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently
- Ability to maintain reliable and predictable attendance.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and
development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a
culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified
applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement,
without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national
origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Unum, Chattanooga , Bilingual Customer Service Rep I, Starmount, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!