AVP, Talent Acquisition
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Job Posting End Date: 01/19Unum is a company of people serving
people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers
and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits
help protect more than 36 million working people and their families
from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three
distinct, but similarly focused US businesses - Unum US, Colonial
Life, and Starmount Life - are each a market leader in making
disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision
insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US
operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and
Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide.
Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with
over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton
Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence
for Unum in the US.General Summary:General Summary
The purpose of this position is to direct the development and
execution of recruitment and selection strategies for three or more
functional areas to meet Unum Group business needs: Unum US,
Colonial Life, Unum UK, Corporate Staff, Global Services.
Roles/business areas: Accountable for the development and execution
of innovative recruitment strategies for Unum/Colonial Life to
support hiring for Corporate Staff. This role will also oversee the
corporate college recruiting strategy. Additional responsibility
includes managing a team of talent acquisition professionals at
varying levels, external suppliers, capacity modeling and workforce
Geographic: Home office locations: Chattanooga TN, Columbia SC,
Portland ME, Worcester MA, Glendale CA and Unum UK; Colonial Life
Sales and Unum US Field Offices.Principal Duties and
- Direct the development of recruitment plans in partnership with
key business areas and HR business partners that address ongoing
- Drive an ongoing discussion with business areas regarding
workforce planning and develop plans to project recruiter capacity
and determine the most efficient/flexible methods to utilize
regular, contract and agency resources.
- Direct the development and implementation of innovative
recruiting and sourcing strategies and processes that maximize
quality, speed, and efficiency, generating diverse candidate
- Partner with HRIS team and Global Services to leverage business
process and technology to create value through efficient processes
for recruiting teams, hiring teams, candidates and vendors.
- Direct the development and implementation of selection
processes and tools that promote ease of use and ensure best
candidate experience and selection.
- Ensure the experiences that candidates, primary recruiting
sources and our communities have with Unum/Colonial Life
recruitment and hiring teams are a direct reflection of our
- Direct the implementation of diversity recruiting initiatives
using data to track results.
- Create and execute a corporate college recruitment strategy
that allows business units to build talent pools for effective use
throughout the company.
- Implement metrics to measure performance of the talent
- Recruit, lead and develop high performing, engaged teams across
- Maintain effective and productive relationships with internal
partners in business areas and HR.
- Implement industry best practices for optimal results,
efficiency, consistency and risk management.
- Identify opportunities to influence, collaborate and share best
practices with UUS Field Sales Recruiting Team; Colonial Life Agent
Recruiters; and HR partners in UK and Ireland.
- Develop and effectively manage department operating
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws/regulations
regarding employment and selection processes and
- May perform other duties.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of talent acquisition or broad HR functional
experience, developing and implementing service delivery strategies
- 4+ years of proven success leading a corporate talent
acquisition or HR team required.
- Knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and
- Demonstrated track record of success creating strategic talent
programs that support aggressive business growth in a highly
specialized and competitive market.
- Must have proven leadership experience in a large or complex
- Strong knowledge of OFCCP requirements and expertise in
effectively managing full life cycle recruitment.
- Expertise with applicant tracking and recruitment systems,
models and methodologies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and leading a high
- Experience developing and managing an annual recruiting budget,
metrics, and performance goals.
- Must be able to work effectively with multiple partners, both
internal and external to create alignment and clarity around
- Demonstrated success in managing vendor partnerships.
- Understands the intersection of people, process, and technology
with respect to transformation and process automation.
- Ability to drive change, impact, and be adaptable to a wide
range of situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate
effectively in a team and build strong relationships with
stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to influence cross-functionally and seek diverse
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Insurance industry experience and HR certifications
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and
development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a
culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified
applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement,
without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national
origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Unum, Chattanooga , AVP, Talent Acquisition, Other , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!