Posted on: May 26, 2023
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through
research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate
complex information systems
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to
optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating
time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs,
subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead,
business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium
efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts.
- Competent to work at the highest phases of applications systems
analysis and programming activities
- Enhances the design of current systems to improve system
capabilities to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Works with business users or business systems analysts to
understand requirements and translate them into technical
- Develops and implements program/system test plans. Devises data
verification methods and standard system procedures.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages,
databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks
needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking
appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate
recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge
to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Provides technical leadership on assigned projects or discovery
- May coordinate work assignments and verify results of
applications systems analysis and programming personnel.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced
- May conduct research on software and hardware products to
justify recommendations and support management in budgeting and
- Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all
phases of the development and implementation process.
- Responsible for instructing and validating quality of work of
other analysts and programmers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of
technical experience for every year of college requested.
- 7+ years experience in systems analysis and programming
(specific technical skills need to be added)
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application
development methodology, terminology and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple
assignments and associated resources.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical
and/or complex concepts into information meaningful to team members
and/or business personnel
- Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical
forms are required
- Proven analysis, design, and coding skills, and demonstrated
success in leading large and complex technology-based efforts.
- Top level technical experience in one or more specialized areas
of applications systems analysis and programming
- Hands on application development experience in IBM BPM 8.5.x or
IBM BAW with SPARK UI toolkit
- Working experience in integrating BPM solutions with Web
Services (SOAP/REST)/ IBM FileNet/ IBM ODM/ IBM MQ etc
HTML5, Ajax, JSON, and CSS3
- Hands on experience in developing Core Java, J2EE, JSP,
Servlets, XML, Web services
- Working experience in using BPMN 2.0 standards and BPM design
- Working experience with RDBMS such as DB2 LUW, Oracle, MS
- Experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of shell scripting, IBM WebLogic Application Server
- Experience in online/offline/automated deployments, application
migration and production support is preferred
- Experience with IBM IID is good to have.
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins/UrbanCode
or similar is preferred.
Keywords: Mindlance, Chattanooga , Developer III, IT / Software / Systems , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...