Food Service Worker -Elbert Shaw, Dalton, GA
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Depending on your food service experience, you may start at any of
the food service worker levels outlined below. DJJ offers a food
service career progression plan that provides promotion with a pay
raise as described below.
Food Service Worker 1
$24,448/year (promotion to Food Service Worker 2 and pay raise
after 6 months in this position with DJJ)
Food Service Worker 2:
$25,592/year (promotion to Food Service Worker 3 and pay raise
after 12 months in this position with DJJ)
Food Service Worker 3: $26,736/year
Under direct supervision learns to prepare, heat and finish cooking
food items and serve customers. Learns how to receive and disburse
money in a food service establishment. Cleans work areas,
equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
* Completes all paperwork accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
* Maintains a high level of kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, storage areas, and
* Cooks and prepares food according to established procedures and
* Follows preparation and serving schedule for all meals and snacks
* Ensures, maintains, and documents appropriate temperature of hot
and cold foods prepared and held for service.
* Stores food according to proper temperature guidelines in
* Prepares food through the proper usage of large equipment, small
wares, and utensils.
* Prepares serving line by setting up food and supplies in the
correct area and ensures temperatures remain in appropriate range
* Provides customer service through serving food in a pleasant,
courteous, and attractive manner.
* Follows safe food handling procedures to help ensure the health
and safety for customers.
* Follows menus, standardized recipes, portion sizes, and special
* Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of dining
* Reports maintenance needs immediately to supervisor.
* Demonstrates cost awareness in the use of property and
* Operates and maintains equipment according to manufacturer's
* Ensures quality of items received from vendors and matches
deliveries to invoice to ensure correct quantities and items.
* Ensures proper inventory management and orderly storage. Follows
first-in-first-out inventory management procedure and monitors
weekly, or more often, for expired products in all storage
* Follows tool and chemical control procedures and completes
accurate perpetual chemical inventory records.
* Cleans equipment after use and prepares equipment for next
* Demonstrates knowledge of sanitation and safety practices, proper
cleaning methods, and uses the correct chemicals.
High school diploma or GED
DJJ offers a food service progression plan that provides promotion
with additional monies at the 6th month and 18th month of
The position may be filled a higher level
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A
REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED.
* Agency Logo: Requisition ID: FOO00XJ
* Number of Openings: 1
* Advertised Salary: $24,448.00
* Shift: Day Job
Keywords: State of Georgia, Chattanooga , Food Service Worker -Elbert Shaw, Dalton, GA, Hospitality & Tourism , Dalton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!