1st Shift Waste/ Recycling Supervisor
Company: MPW Industrial Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently executing
MPW's operations at specific automotive or environmental job sites.
This role may also be responsible for the full life cycle of jobs
including planning, organizing and coordinating equipment and
1. Responsible for coordinating daily work schedules.
2. Responsible for ensuring the completion and the quality of all
tasks as established within the language of the work schedules and
the completion of special projects as directed by the customer.
3. Responsible for evaluating employee performance, initiates and
documents corrective action when appropriate.
4. Responsible for coordinating the location's entire inventory
needs, and for interfacing with corporate purchasing to maintain
proper inventory levels.
5. Responsible for working closely with the operations manager in
accessing future staffing requirements and work schedules.
6. Responsible for coordinating daily technician and team leader
meetings to inform them of the job safety analysis for the job and
leading the discussion of any related topics, i.e. Safety,
Operations, Human Resources.
7. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and resolving operational
8. Responsible for ensuring the established quality standards of
the customer are met or exceeded.
9. Responsible for conducting annual reviews of direct reports and
recommending merit increases to ensure compliance with established
wage structure for that location.
10. Responsible for nightly administrative tasks, which include
documenting attendance, work completed, work not completed,
customer's request to complete work that has not been assigned to
MPW as well as a status report to the operations/account manager
recapping the shift.
11. Perform other duties as directed.
1. This person must be ready to make the decision that has the
potential of stopping production at our customer's location.
2. Address employee relations issues effectively and timely.
3. Has the authority to make unsupervised decisions consistent with
the scope of responsibilities.
1. Customer Service: Proactively developing customer relationships
by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both
internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to
customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
2. Professionalism: Maintaining a high-quality professional
appearance and standardizing to improve performance and
3. Continuous Improvement: Refining and developing new tools and
processes through creativity and innovation.
4. Drive to Win: Passionate and candid; challenges are eagerly
accepted, and motivated to grow.
5. Spirit of Family: Treating all people with respect by supporting
and giving back to employees, customers and local communities.
Promoting opportunities within and through referrals.
1. Ability to move up to 50 lbs., with or without
2. Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves physical
3. Ability to maintain alertness and fitness for duty.
4. Ability to position oneself for work conducted in and around
5. Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you
to chemicals, fumes, etc.
6. Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a
variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that
could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Understanding of industrial cleaning industry with the ability
to lead and motivate others to increase the efficiency and
effectiveness of the operation.
3. Professional oral and written interpersonal communication.
4. 2+ years supervisory experience preferred, ideally within the
industrial cleaning environment/related to our line of work.
5. Proficient MS Office skills, preferred.
Job Location Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States Position Type
Full-Time/Regular Associated topics: climate, compliance, ehs,
environment, hygiene, osha, recycle, recycling, safety, safety
Keywords: MPW Industrial Services, Chattanooga , 1st Shift Waste/ Recycling Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!