Certified Surgical First Assist - Open Heart
Company: Parkridge Medical Center
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Medical CenterChattanooga, TN--Certified Surgical First
Assist - Open Heart
Shift Details:-- Full Time ---Days--7am-3pm - Rotating Weekends -
Call Required--Parkridge Medical Center has served the community
for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for
advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of
choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community.
From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopaedics and
oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we
are proud to be one of Chattanooga---s best hospitals for healing.
Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to
offer robotic surgery, and features the area---s most knowledgeable
and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center
Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it
a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events
when every minute matters.--Parkridge Health System facilities are
proud to be a part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA),
the nation---s leading provider of healthcare services. With 163
hospitals and 113 freestanding surgery centers across America and
in the United Kingdom, HCA offers the widest variety of clinical
and non-clinical career opportunities.--Parkridge is currently
looking for a--Certified Surgical First Assist (CSFA) to join their
Open Heart Team.-- Apply Now!--Job Summary
- Demonstrates skill and consideration for the safety and welfare
of the patient in performing surgical assistant duties
- Assists in the turnover of the OR room
- Assists in preparing the operating room and performs assigned
support duties during surgical procedures.
- Assists team members in selecting and preparing routine
supplies, instruments, and equipment for surgical procedures.
- Checks all instruments for workability prior to usage,
displaying knowledge of instrument and content of set.
- Maintains and performs a count of sponges, sharps and
instruments according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Handles specimens in accordance with acceptable infection
- Assists in returning equipment and instruments to proper
locations following departmental procedures.
- Determines specific equipment needed per procedure and assists
in procuring the equipment
- Selects and places x-rays for reference
- Assists in moving and positioning patients
- Insert and remove urinary catheter
- Placement of pneumatic tourniquet
- Participate in the time out process
- Drape patient within surgeon's guidelines
- Prior training andexperience with independent Endoscopic Vein
Harvesting procedures is arequirement, preferably with Maquet
Vasoview 7, though Terumo will beconsidered.
- Provide retraction of tissue and organs for optimal
visualization with regard to tissue type and appropriate retraction
instrument and/or technique.
- Assists in maintaining hemostasis by direct pressure, use and
application of appropriate surgical instrument for the task,
placement of ties, placement of suture ligatures, application of
chemical hemostatic agents, or other measures as directed by the
- Use electrocautery, mono and bipolar
- Clamp, ligate, and cut tissue per surgeon's directive
- Maintain integrity of sterile field
- Close wound layers per surgeon's directive.
- Select and apply wound dressings
- Assist with resuscitation of patient during cardiac arrest or
other life threatening events in the operating room
- Perform any other duties or procedures incident to the surgical
procedure deemed necessary and as directed by the
- Minimum of 2 years Open Heart experience with Endoscopic Vein
Harvesting skillsEducation required: Graduate of accredited
Registered Nurse (RNFA-C), Physician Assistant (OPA-C), or Surgical
First Assistant (CSTFA) ProgramCurrent BLS requiredMust be
competent in first assisting responsibilities in an OR
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Parkridge Medical Center, Chattanooga , Certified Surgical First Assist - Open Heart, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!