Psychiatric Nurse - RN - Child and Adolescent Campus
Company: Parkridge Valley Hospital
Posted on: June 15, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Valley Hospital- Chattanooga, TN
Psychiatric Services Nurse
Full-time Nights - Sub-Acute Adolescent
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR EXPERIENCED NURSES
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and
improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that
caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we
serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction
scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth,
and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide
annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including
being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are
you looking for an employer with many different career options and
a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy-
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* New Extended Family Leave
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Hundreds of consumer discounts
* Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:
Parkridge Valley, a two-campus behavioral health facility with
Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over
40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental
health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for
children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization
for children and adolescents who require acute, structured
short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children
who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not
successful in their current environment of school or home, or for
teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization
and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee
Department of Education, serves both regular education and special
education students for our residential patients.
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be
struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child &
Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference
in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient
hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch this Child &
Adolescent Campus Video to learn more about what we do!
* You will oversee and direct the care of psychiatric patients.
* You will be the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all
disciplines for well-coordinated care for your patients.
* This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting personnel,
maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned
* This nurse will have the unique opportunity to gain expertise in
Children and Adolescent coupled with psychiatric nursing.
* Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and
maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
* Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the
ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients,
families, physicians and staff.
* Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior
problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
* Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology,
and psychosocial systems.
* Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic
processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution
of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to
* When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by
* TriStar Parkridge Valley Hospital Child and Adolescent Campus is
a part of the HCA family and receive continued educations, family
feel work environment, support of the nations largest healthcare
provider, and career advancement opportunities within clinical
leadership and or administrative leadership!
Learn more about us here - https://youtu.be/BVoNfMrTQK4
* RN License (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
* Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience
* CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 30 days of
You are encouraged to apply today!
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Current Registered
Nurse in the state of Tennessee or applicable Compact License
Keywords: Parkridge Valley Hospital, Chattanooga , Psychiatric Nurse - RN - Child and Adolescent Campus, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!