Medical Laboratory Technician
Company: Parkridge East Hospital
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description $7,500 Sign on Bonus for qualified candidates
Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical
Laboratory Technician you want with your current employer? We have
an exciting opportunity for you to join Parkridge East Hospital
which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare. Benefits Parkridge East Hospital, offers
a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Our teams are a committed, caring group of
colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Laboratory
Technician where your passion for creating positive patient
interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the
well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want
your knowledge and expertise! Job Summary and Qualifications
Medical Lab TechnicianThe Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
utilizes skills and training to perform test of samples of blood,
urine and other body fluids to obtain information utilized in
diagnosis and evaluation of patient medical status. Participates in
Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality
Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when
dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other
customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan,
mission, vision and values of the facility.What you will do in this
- You will handle specimen processing, preanalytic inspection of
specimens for identification and integrity.
- You will perform various types of laboratory test(s) on patient
specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test
results in Laboratory Information System.
- You will perform and evaluates periodic quality control per
policy and procedure.
- You will evaluate new and/or modified procedures, reagents and
instruments as directed by Section Coordinator.
- Troubleshoots all instruments as directed by Section
- Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals
set by the Laboratory Director and ManagerWhat qualifications you
- Associate Degree; Graduate from a NCCLS accredited Medical
- Hospital laboratory experience preferred.This role requires you
to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or
federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption
is approved).Parkridge East Hospital is a 120+ bed facility in East
Ridge. We provide a full range of medical and surgical services.
These services include orthopedics and robotic surgery. We have a
24/7 Emergency Department. This ED is recognized by the Society of
Chest Pain Centers as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility
also offers obstetrical care and complex gynecological procedures.
We also hold a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Specialized
providers in the NICU include neonatologists, neonatal nurses and
respiratory therapists. These staff are on site at all times. Visit
us for excellent general and OB care! "Bricks and mortar do not
make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare
Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity that provides
satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our
Medical Laboratory Technician opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today! We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. LAB-AFHP
Keywords: Parkridge East Hospital, Chattanooga , Medical Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!