Company: Mountain Management Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
CHI Memorial Family Practice Associates - Ooltewah
CHI Memorial Medical Group (Mountain Management Services), now part
of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives
(CHI) and Dignity Health, is a Management Service Organization
(MSO) that provides comprehensive office management services for
all Memorial Health Partners and many physicians in private
practice. We are proud to be a part of the regional referral center
of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and
We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that
complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:Free
Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet
care, or adult dependent needsEmployee Assistance Program (EAP) for
you and your familyHealth/Dental/Vision InsuranceFlexible spending
accountsVoluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
Identity TheftAdoption AssistancePaid Time Off (PTO)Tuition
Assistance for career growth and developmentMatching Retirement
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to
join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
Under direct supervision, Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant is responsible
for drawing and collecting blood, urine and tissue samples from
patients, verifies records and prepares specimens for laboratory
analysis. May perform in house laboratory services such as but not
limited to UA dips, HA1C, blood glucose monitoring, coagulant
levels, pregnancy etc.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable
containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton,
and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified
tests or procedures.
- Verify or record identity of patient or donor.
- Draw and collect blood samples from patients, verifies records
and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. May prick finger to
- Send specimens to reference laboratories for any testing not
performed in house.
- Maintain proper documentation as described by the quality
assurance program including accessioning logs, equipment records
- Identify problems which may adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results and take appropriate action, including
- Order and maintain supply levels for all equipment and services
provided by laboratories.
- Perform in house laboratory testing as directed by the
- Participate in special project and/or completes other duties as
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- 1 year related experience preferred.
- Graduate from accredited Phlebotomy training program
- Current/valid Certified Phlebotomy Technician certification
- Electronic Medical Record Experience preferred.
Keywords: Mountain Management Services, Chattanooga , Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Ooltewah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!