LPN: Full-time / 6PM - 6AM $30/Hourly
Company: Provision Living
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Nurse Job Description
Job Title: Nurse
Reports to: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Exempt
As the Nurse, reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, you
will provide direct care of residents by providing healthcare &
optimal living conditions for seniors in a loving, caring and
nurturing environment in accordance with Federal, State and Local
regulations. This position is responsible for the health needs of
the residents and maintaining the well-being and overall experience
of the residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Directly supports the Director of Nursing by providing on-call
- Oversees and ensures the delivery of quality care and services
to our residents in compliance with the regulations pertaining to
care plans and resident assessments.
- Ensures the delivery of care to residents to ensure that
emotional, physical, psychological and safety needs are met through
all program services and activities.
- Ensures infection control, pharmaceutical and physical/chemical
restraining policies and procedures are followed.
- Administers medications and/or treatments for all or a selected
group of residents, adhering to facility policies and
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Oversees and assures completion of any required documentation
in the resident's medical record.
- Completes accident and incident reports, and monthly infection
control logs according to facility policy.
- Maintains current knowledge of scope of practice for self and
others and recognize legal implications when making nursing
- Informs the Director of Nursing, or other appropriate staff
regarding changes in resident physical, emotional or behavioral
status, orally and via the Stop and Watch tool.
- Initiates and contributes to the plan of care for residents,
according to resident needs and policy, to promote continuity of
care from admission through discharge or transfer.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing the Nurse will be
responsible for the overall nursing operations of the
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor Degree and 0-2 years of experience OR
- Associate degree and 2-4 years of experience
- Accredited LPN or RN degree
- Applicable state licensure, required
- One to two (1 - 2) years of nursing experience in a senior care
community with proven leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated compliance with State and Local regulations as
well as professional standards and practices.
- Collaborative team player able to establish effective working
relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting a high level of customer
service and hospitality towards and among all residents,
associates, and visitors.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals with a strong sense of
accountability for results.
- Demonstrated communication excellence, verbally and in writing;
comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Possess an appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions
regarding Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living
(where applicable), as well as a solid understanding of
opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service,
hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all prospects,
residents, visitors, employees and the overall community.
Travel is not required.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are
representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach
with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally
be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as
heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the
employee's ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any
employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description
restricts management's right to assign duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time.
Keywords: Provision Living, Chattanooga , LPN: Full-time / 6PM - 6AM $30/Hourly, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!