Registered Nurse - RN
Company: Oakview Health & Rehab
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are a COVID-19 vaccinated workforce. New Associates must
provide proof of vaccination prior to hire date. Join us at Oakview
Health & Rehab- a place where you'll be valued, recognized and
rewarded for the vital work you do each day. We'll surround you
with a strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of
your life - both inside and outside of our centers. And you'll get
to practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven
organization that's known for the highest level of care in our
communities ESSENTIAL ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Complies with
current federal, state and local regulations governing nursing care
in the execution of assigned duties.
* Administers and records medications following physician orders
and established center policy
* Takes and records patients vital signs and collects laboratory
specimens as directed
* Provides emotional support the patients and their families
* Operation of oxygen equipment, suction machines, manual
respirators, emergency equipment, IV implementation and
* Use, delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
* Receiving drugs from pharmacy in accordance with established
* Knowledge of procedures and ability to determine Advance
Directive status for patients.
* Provides oversight and direction unlicensed nursing
* Makes compliance rounds and reporting any pertinent issues.
* Maintains effective lines of communication with attending
* Assists the Director of Nursing Services to coordinate the care
planning/MDS process and committee meetings as necessary.
* Participates in patient screening and selection process as
* Assists the Director of Nursing Services in follow-up on
consultant recommendations, i.e., pharmacy, dietary, etc.
* Provides demonstration/education as necessary for nursing
assistants to perform job.
* Completes documentation procedures on patients (appropriate use
of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation etc.).
* Promotes the image and reputation of the System by exhibiting
servant leadership and providing direct and open lines of
* Contributes to the work of committees, workgroups, project
management, and other collaborative efforts of the System.
* Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the
System. SKILLS AND ABILITIES * Proficient in using a computer,
especially Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point.
* Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills required
* Effective and professional verbal, and written communication
* Communicates well with other associates, patients, family
members, and visitors providing warm and friendly greeting and an
approachable attitude. Responds to expressed concerns while
displaying a helpful, caring demeanor, answers questions when
appropriate in a professional manner. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS *
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university or is a
graduate of an approved RN program.
* Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia EEO / M / F / D / V /
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Oakview Health & Rehab, Chattanooga , Registered Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Summerville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!