Company: Primary Health Care Center of Dade
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY:This position requires that phone
interaction with patients, pharmacies, hospitals, nurses and any
other health care provider that is involved in the care of our
patients. Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care
services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons in
clinic by performing the following duties: This position may have
remote work requirements. This position is subject to all current
CMS vaccine mandates. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, and
assists providers as required
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting
them from the waiting area to the exam room, conducts interviews to
determine reason for visit, taking history, vital signs, and
documents in patients' chart. Review and update patient's
medication list and allergies
- Dresses wounds and does minor wound care as directed by
- Maintains sample medication records, administers medication
upon provider order and phones into pharmacy.
- Assist patient with medicine assistance program refills
- Gives injections, draws blood, assists with EKG's , GYN exams
and provides other patient care services as directed by the
provider while observing patients and reporting adverse reactions
to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Explains procedures and collects samples, such as urine, blood,
and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine
laboratory tests on samples.
- Prepares, cleans, and maintains exam in treatment rooms
- Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment.
Regularly checks expiration dates on clinical supplies and or
- Takes patient messages and assist in communication between the
provider and the patient
- Assist in scheduling test and treatments when referral
assistants are not available.
- Dispose of hazardous waste properly.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintains professional certification if applicable.
- Participates in all required Primary Health Care Centers, OSHA
and Emergency Preparedness training
- Adheres to all HIPAA Rules and Regulations
- Treats staff, providers, visitors and patients with dignity and
- Participates in helping the provider meet all meaningful use
- Participates and helps maintain a Patient Centered Medical home
- Tracks and or enters immunization(s) in registry
- Inventories and requisitions vaccines
- Keep drug samples logged and put on shelves.
- Track messages to ensure that they are answered in a timely
- Faxes orders, prescriptions and any other document that is
pertinent to patient care.
- Performs all other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions
- Ability to assist in a variety of treatments and
- Ability to take vital signs
- Skills in developing and maintaining clinical quality
- Skills in identifying and resolving problems
- Ability to maintain records and record test results.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgement
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with patients, medical staff, coworkers, and the
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic
- Proficiency in the operation of a computer and keyboard
- Ability to follow chronic disease care protocols, key measures,
and standards of care for patients with chronic disease.
- Works closely with medical providers in tracking and
facilitating patient visits.
- Ability to identify patients with deficiencies in standards of
routine and chronic disease clinical care, and suggest specific
interventions to meet identified needs
- Tracks patients and their progress Monitors equipment and
supplies for accuracy during testing. This is to include recording
results, doing daily and interval controls on all in house testing,
maintaining par lists and ordering supplies for the laboratory and
assisting in meeting regulatory requirements for the laboratory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Certificate or Degree as Medical
Assistant.Two-years experience in medical office desired. LANGUAGE
ABILITIES:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general medical
information. Must be able to speak English well. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions about
patient care. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Strong math skills required.
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions given either written or oral. Ability to do
problem solving. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:CPR
Certification required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk
or hear, standing, walking, stooping, and stretching are usually
required. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK
ENVIRONMENT:The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Music may be played in all areas as long as it is low and not
disturbing to our patients.
Keywords: Primary Health Care Center of Dade, Chattanooga , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Trenton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!