Registered Nurse (Hospice) - 5K Sign On Bonus
Company: Heartlite Hospice
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company Overview: $5,000 Sign On Bonus -The Registered Nurse in
Hospice (RN) assumes full nursing responsibility for the delivery
of the Plan of Care for each hospice patient. Continuously
evaluates personal and professional performance and makes necessary
changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered.
Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of
hospice in an attempt to assure quality patient care. Strives for
independence and sound critical decision-making regarding the
delivery of patient care in a cost-effective manner without
compromising quality. Develops the patients Plan of care in
collaboration with other professionals and implements treatment
strategies based on scientific nursing theory that promotes
physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Familiar with the
concepts and needs of patients / families who are facing death and
dying issues. Effective communication skills, both verbally and
written. -At LHC Group, you will have a career, not just a job. Our
mission driven culture is evident by our current employees and the
impact made on patients and families. -Heartlite Hospice, a part of
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Essential Functions:
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility
for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and
environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every
fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems,
appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response -to
hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending
physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and
family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care
techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the
patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified
needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's
ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs
supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to
assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to
Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as
appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and
recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding
patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis
indentifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining
medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients
Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when
possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator
and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Participates in the Care Management process. Education &
Experience: Experience Requirements
- One year of clinical experience. -License Requirements
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice
- Current CPR Certification
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access
to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation. -Equal
Opportunity Employer - vets, disability. -Must be fully vaccinated
or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and
proof of vaccination will be required. - If permitted by state law,
the company will consider requests for religious or medical
Keywords: Heartlite Hospice, Chattanooga , Registered Nurse (Hospice) - 5K Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Dalton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!