Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Weekend
Company: NHC, National HealthCare Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) -- Weekend Shift Provides
direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of
a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists patient
with activities of daily living, provides for personal care,
comforts and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean
environment for an assigned group of residents. Specific Duties and
- Understands and practices universal precautions with all
- Performs all tasks/procedures included on assignment or reports
to charge nurse any tasks not completed.
- Assists in the preparation for admission of patients.
- Assists in and accompany patients in admission, transfer and
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, oral
hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed
linen, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening
room, and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care, which includes hands/face washing as
needed, oral hygiene, special skin care, freshening linen, cleaning
over bed tables, straightening room, and other general care as
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients;
lifting and turning patients; applying/utilizing special equipment;
assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; and ambulating the
patient using a gait belt.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight,
height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the center the Department
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit and
assists patients to activities.
- Turns and positions as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no
rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns
with proper and safe mechanics and with available resources.
- Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to an
RN or LPN.
- Ensures that patients are dressed properly and assists as
necessary. Ensures that clothing is properly stored in dressers or
on hangers. Ensures that all patients are clean and dry at all
- Checks unit for adequate linen and supplies.
- Restrains patients properly when ordered. Understands reason
for restraint and suggests less restrictive measures if
- Accompanies patients to appointments as directed.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
- Prepares patients for meals and services, removes food trays
and assists with meals or feeds patients.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishment to
- Performs general care activities for patients in isolation,
adhering to the center's Infection Control Policies.
- Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs, and
makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with handling and care of clothing and other
personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses,
hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
- Collects and transports specimens as directed.
- Reports (and records when appropriate) any changes observed in
condition or behavior of patients and any unusual incidents.
- Familiar with Nursing Care Plans and contributes when new
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment, reports
equipment that is out of order, reports other problems to the
charge nurse, maintains appropriate handling of clean and soiled
linen and stores supplies on the unit.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with
patients, family members, and other center personnel, while
assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn
new procedures, develop skills, etc.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies
and linen, and follows established charge procedures for patient
charge items. Job Requirements: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
-- Weekend Shift QUALIFICATIONS:
- Health - Ability to meet performance requirements.
- Education and Training:
- Must be certified nursing assistant or currently enrolled in a
nurse aide training program.
- Attend in-service programs, as assigned, to learn procedures
and develop skills and meet state requirements.
- Personal Qualifications:
- Sensitive to our patients' physical and psycho-social
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Capable of charting accurately in the Patient Care Record or
other similar form.
- Pleasant and cheerful personality.
- Tactful and courteous approach with patients and visitors.
- Treat all patient information as confidential material.
- Adhere to dress code as directed by center policy (see
Personnel Manual.) PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Responsible for
handling and caring for patients in a manner conducive to their
safety and comfort under the direction of licensed nurses and
patients' physicians. NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: As a recipient of
federal assistance, NHC does not exclude, deny benefits to, or
otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, or on the basis of
disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of
their services and benefits of any of its programs and activities
or in employment. NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. -
Keywords: NHC, National HealthCare Corporation, Chattanooga , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Weekend, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!