Rehabilitation Nursing Technician I
Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH CORP/REHAB
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Title: Rehabilitation Nursing Technician I Job Code:
101350 FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The Rehabilitation Nursing Technician I assists rehabilitation
nurses with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to
hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and
guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with
patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation
treatment and patient care.
- Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation
- Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and
The Rehabilitation Nursing Technician I supports an environment and
culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping
to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Supports daily nursing department processes and
- Assists patients with daily activities such as dressing,
grooming, bathing, eating, toileting and mobility as delegated by
- Prepares and transports patients according to the patient
- Assists nurses with daily patient care as delegated.
- Communicates to rehabilitation nurses on patient performance,
condition and participation during delegated patient care
activities. • Enhances patient safety through responsiveness to
patients and caregivers by providing assistance, care and comfort
under the supervision of rehabilitation nurses.
- Asks for assistance and guidance from rehabilitation nurses
when patient need for information or intervention is beyond the
scope of the rehabilitation nursing technician's position and skill
- Communicates any patient concern and/or change in condition to
- Defers any physician, case manager, patient, visitor or
patient/caregiver requests for information on patient condition,
diagnosis, prognosis, progress, plan of care or discharge plan to
- Suggests processes for improvement.
- Is aware of data on patient satisfaction and safety.
- Knows how specific department performance impacts the overall
- Uses supplies responsibly.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor on departmental equipment
- Successfully completes all assigned training and annual skills
competency as determined by the hospital based on new
responsibilities, specialized equipment, high risk/problem prone/or
low volume procedures including but not limited to waived testing
as applicable, application of restraints, and emergency response
- Assists with rehabilitation technology applications and
modalities as delegated by rehabilitation nurses. • Organizes,
plans, and manages time effectively to complete
- Meets position requirements and performs essential
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or
Taking ownership for responsibilities and commitments, and their
Understanding the context, needs, and key factors associated with
achieving business goals and objectives.
Effectively anticipating, preparing for, facilitating, leading, and
supporting sustainable positive change.
Contributing and capitalizing on the talents of diverse
stakeholders to achieve common goals while respecting individual
Conveying, understanding, acknowledging and incorporating
information, news, ideas and feelings, using a variety of
Engaging relevant parties, building a compelling vision of desired
outcomes, generating energy and enthusiasm, and empowering others
to take action by removing obstacles and building
Personal Growth & Development
Devoting time and energy to expand knowledge, skills, and
abilities; and seeking new experiences or career opportunities.
Quality & Customer Satisfaction
Committing oneself to maintain a high standard of excellence while
also meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
Attracting, engaging, retaining, and developing high-performing
individuals and teams to meet current and future business
Demonstrating the appropriate breadth and depth of knowledge and
skill specific to one's profession, function or job discipline.
License or Certification:
- CPR certification required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone,
copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects
weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and
equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English,
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social
perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings
and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
All job descriptions approvals and performance evaluations are
conducted electronically. Under extenuating circumstances, paper
templates can be requested from the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH CORP/REHAB, Chattanooga , Rehabilitation Nursing Technician I, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!