Registered Nurse - Pacer Clinic
Company: Chattanooga Heart Institute
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewThe Chattanooga Heart Institute offers the most
comprehensive cardiac care available in this region. Founded in
1976, we now have six offices in Tennessee and one in Georgia. Our
practice is made up of 29 board-certified cardiolgoists, three
cardiothoracic surgeons and three vascular surgeons. We merged with
CHI Memorial Health Care System in 2011 which is part of
CommonSpirit Health. CommonSpirit has more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. and is committed to building healthy
communities.ResponsibilitiesJob Summary:Responsible for data
management and functional testing of all implanted cardiac
- Ensure that all pacemaker and ICD patients are being followed
in office and remotely per protocol.
- Retrieve patient from lobby, obtain weight and blood pressure
per protocol, perform patient lead hookup and interrogate and
conduct various technical tests on implanted cardiac devices per
- Assess patient for signs and symptoms related to device
function and perform reprogramming as necessary.
- Forward all documentation to physician for review. Execute any
- Call indicated loop recorder patients to request manual
- Check crash cart and notify manager of issues.
- Maintain equipment.
- Scan device strips and attach to HIM and monitor chart.
- Assist with patient add-ons and clinic throughput.
- Assist with device clinic patient messages and tasks and return
patient calls timely.
- Conduct patient and family/caregiver education.
- Maintain patient PaceArt files.
- Attend various vendor educational seminars in order to keep up
with new equipment/techniques.
- Perform and assist in trans-telephonic
- BSN or AS in NursingLicense/Certification:
- Valid Tennessee RN License
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification preferredQualifications:
- Two or more years' experience in a cardiology setting with
cardiac rhythm recognition.
Keywords: Chattanooga Heart Institute, Chattanooga , Registered Nurse - Pacer Clinic, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!