Speech Language Pathologist - PRN
Company: The Health Center at Standifer Place
Posted on: April 9, 2021
This position is responsible for supervising and participating
in the implementation of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for
the rehabilitation of adults and children with speech, language,
swallowing, and hearing impairments. Considerable initiative and
judgment are required in evaluating patients, recommending and
providing treatments and interpreting patients' reactions. If the
therapist is also a department head, responsibilities will include
oversight of department fiscal, maintenance and scheduling
functions as well as supervision of clinical activities and
training of speech therapy personnel. General supervision is
received from a physician who monitors treatment results through
written progress reports and observation of patients. The
Speech-Language Pathologist is supervised by the FRC/CRC or
designee department head and is responsible for providing
appropriate customer service to the Administrator or Director of
the location being served. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree from an approved curriculum in Speech Pathology
or its equivalent.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the
American Speech/Language/Hearing Association or be eligible for a
Clinical Fellowship (CF).
- Currently licensed in the state or states in which practicing.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, and
equipment used in speech therapy.
- Knowledge of the possible hazards to patients and necessary,
precautionary measures during treatment.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and adapt a physician's
written or oral directions and to suggest treatment programs and
outline expected benefits regarding speech therapy treatment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, families, medical staff and other
- Ability to perform the mental, physical and emotional
requirements of the job.
- Possess the initiative and judgment involved in planning,
performing and supervising speech therapy services according to
accepted standards of Speech Therapy practice.
- Thorough knowledge of third party reimbursement requirements
for documentation and treatment. Seek information from appropriate
sources as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing settings and patients.
- Must be capable of pushing wheelchair bound patients and
assisting ambulatory patients to treatment areas.
- Must be able to conduct therapy at bedside, designated therapy
area or dining area.
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory
and visual needs and clinical indications of the patients. Able to
communicate verbally as necessary. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Direct and supervise speech therapy personnel in the provision
of speech therapy services.
- Provide speech therapy services in accordance with physician
order, applicable state regulation or guideline and delegate
appropriate portions of the treatment program to support
- Instruct the speech therapy personnel in their delegated
functions including: precautions, special problems,
contraindications, anticipated progress goals and plan for
reevaluation when delegating treatment functions.
- Complete or monitor that completion of documentation meets the
procedures/guidelines of the location served and applicable state,
federal and reimbursing agent requirements.
- Consult with patient, family, physicians, and other health care
professionals as appropriate to ensure quality patient care and
- Provide in-service training in areas of expertise as
- Regularly check speech therapy department and equipment for
safety, care and cleanliness to ensure it meets all requirements of
the location served.
- Recommend new equipment, changes in procedures, etc., as
requested by the FRC/CRC, Regional Coordinator/Manager, or the
administrator/director of the location served.
- Perform public relations functions including contacts with the
medical and general community regarding available speech therapy of
other rehabilitation services.
- Effectively manage fiscally through appropriate staffing, time
management, equipment, and supply expenditures and caseload
- Participate with the interdisciplinary treatment team at the
location served in the development of overall plan of care for each
patient appropriate for speech therapy.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Provide current schedule to appropriate person and notify if
- Complete time/expense reports accurately and submit in a timely
- Submit Benefit Claim form as required for reimbursement.
- Comply with location policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with director of nursing and/or social worker on
- Maintain and update credentials as needed.
- Provide speech therapy services in the most cost effective
manner; maximizing billable time.
- Resolve problems by using the appropriate chain of
- Act in a manner which serves to represent NHC's professional,
ethical, and quality standards.
- Assuring Resident Safety
Keywords: The Health Center at Standifer Place, Chattanooga , Speech Language Pathologist - PRN, Healthcare , Chattanooga, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!